- 1 [Sport] 1.1 (competitor) saltador, -dora (m,f), clavadista (mf)More example sentences1.2 (casual swimmer) the divers kept splashing us continuamente nos salpicaban los que se tiraban al agua 1.3 (deep-sea) submarinista (mf), buzo (mf), hombre-rana, mujer-rana (m,f)
More example sentences
- Available only to certified open-water scuba divers, instructional and safety lessons are provided prior to your dive.
- Fortunately, serious medical problems are not common in recreational scuba divers.
- An experienced deep-sea diver from Greater Manchester drowned after running out of air, an inquest was told.
- Police divers and forensic officers were at the canal yesterday as the Force helicopter made several sweeps of the area.
- This week, police divers joined the operation, swimming through the river's cold, dark waters searching for clues.
- Members of the fire service's water rescue team also joined the search before police underwater divers turned out at 10.30 pm.
- 2 [Zool] colimbo (m)More example sentences
- The latter finds favour with ducks, divers and Canada geese some of which cruised the river.
- They fear that the turbines could kill rare birds such as golden eagles, black-throated divers and species of wader.
- But as it's turned out, divers have become the Grey Nurses' greatest friends.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.