Translation of diver in Spanish:
- 1 [Sport/Deporte] 1.1 (competitor) saltador, (masculine, feminine), clavadista (masculine and feminine)Example sentences1.2 (casual swimmer) the divers kept splashing us continuamente nos salpicaban los que se tiraban al agua 1.3 (deep-sea) submarinista (masculine and feminine), buzo (masculine and feminine), hombre-rana, (masculine, feminine)
- Available only to certified open-water scuba divers, instructional and safety lessons are provided prior to your dive.
- Fortunately, serious medical problems are not common in recreational scuba divers.
- An experienced deep-sea diver from Greater Manchester drowned after running out of air, an inquest was told.
- Police divers and forensic officers were at the canal yesterday as the Force helicopter made several sweeps of the area.
- This week, police divers joined the operation, swimming through the river's cold, dark waters searching for clues.
- Members of the fire service's water rescue team also joined the search before police underwater divers turned out at 10.30 pm.
- 2 [Zoology/Zoología] colimbo (masculine)Example sentences
- The latter finds favour with ducks, divers and Canada geese some of which cruised the river.
- They fear that the turbines could kill rare birds such as golden eagles, black-throated divers and species of wader.
- But as it's turned out, divers have become the Grey Nurses' greatest friends.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.