Translation of diver in Spanish:
- 1 (Sport) 1.1 (competitor)saltador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (casual swimmer) See examples: the divers kept splashing us
1.3 (deep-sea)continuamente nos salpicaban los que se tiraban al aguahombre-rana, (mujer-rana) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Available only to certified open-water scuba divers, instructional and safety lessons are provided prior to your dive.
- Fortunately, serious medical problems are not common in recreational scuba divers.
- An experienced deep-sea diver from Greater Manchester drowned after running out of air, an inquest was told.
- Police divers and forensic officers were at the canal yesterday as the Force helicopter made several sweeps of the area.
- This week, police divers joined the operation, swimming through the river's cold, dark waters searching for clues.
- Members of the fire service's water rescue team also joined the search before police underwater divers turned out at 10.30 pm.
- 2 (Zoology)Example sentences
- The latter finds favour with ducks, divers and Canada geese some of which cruised the river.
- They fear that the turbines could kill rare birds such as golden eagles, black-throated divers and species of wader.
- But as it's turned out, divers have become the Grey Nurses' greatest friends.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.