Translation of diversion in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (of river)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (of funds)
Example sentences1.3 countable
- Aside from the slight diversion into the life story of his brother's weird friend, it had been a relatively normal session.
- A diversion is planned for users of the footpath so that it runs to the south of Marine Lake.
- In the past there have been cases of over-expenditure and diversion of some resources.
- The Reserve Bank of India has detected over 1,000 cases of fund diversion by corporate bodies.
- In such states, the risk of diversion of funds and of corruption is extremely high.
- Also, funds earmarked for aviation always risk political diversion or delay in favor of other more favored projects.
- Drivers can expect a string of temporary traffic lights and diversions in the coming months as nearly £1m of road repairs begin.
- Then I got tangled in a confusion of traffic jams, roadworks, diversions and obscure road signs.
- There will be traffic diversions, contra-flow systems and some road closures during the course of the work.
- 2 countable (distraction) (Military)diversión (feminine)you create a diversion and I'll make my escape
divertimiento (masculine) estratégicotú los distraes mientras yo me escapoExample sentences
- There was only one possible way to distract the world's attention: create a diversion.
- ‘They allowed me to create diversions in my life, to be able to get away from playing golf,’ he says.
- Creating a diversion allowed the NCAA selection committee to elude criticism for its most problematic bracketing in recent years.
- 3 countable or uncountable (amusement) [formal]Example sentences
- Racing games to me are palate cleansers, lite diversions in between more serious gaming experiences.
- One of my favourite diversions is to ‘re-create’ some company memos for circulation within a very select group of people I can trust.
- No assortment of programs, activities or diversions will fill the void if a relational context is missing in a parish.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.