Translation of diversion in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (of river)Example sentences1.2 uncountable (of funds)
Example sentences1.3 countable
- Aside from the slight diversion into the life story of his brother's weird friend, it had been a relatively normal session.
- A diversion is planned for users of the footpath so that it runs to the south of Marine Lake.
- In the past there have been cases of over-expenditure and diversion of some resources.
- The Reserve Bank of India has detected over 1,000 cases of fund diversion by corporate bodies.
- In such states, the risk of diversion of funds and of corruption is extremely high.
- Also, funds earmarked for aviation always risk political diversion or delay in favor of other more favored projects.
- Drivers can expect a string of temporary traffic lights and diversions in the coming months as nearly £1m of road repairs begin.
- Then I got tangled in a confusion of traffic jams, roadworks, diversions and obscure road signs.
- There will be traffic diversions, contra-flow systems and some road closures during the course of the work.
- 2 countable (distraction) (Military)you create a diversion and I'll make my escapedivertimiento (masculine) estratégicotú los distraes mientras yo me escapoExample sentences
- There was only one possible way to distract the world's attention: create a diversion.
- ‘They allowed me to create diversions in my life, to be able to get away from playing golf,’ he says.
- Creating a diversion allowed the NCAA selection committee to elude criticism for its most problematic bracketing in recent years.
- 3 countable or uncountable (amusement) [formal]Example sentences
- Racing games to me are palate cleansers, lite diversions in between more serious gaming experiences.
- One of my favourite diversions is to ‘re-create’ some company memos for circulation within a very select group of people I can trust.
- No assortment of programs, activities or diversions will fill the void if a relational context is missing in a parish.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.