Translation of divider in Spanish:
- 1.1 (screen)(in filing system)Example sentences
- They feed on it because they would love to divide it and there are people like that I've always called the dividers.
- We need an environment for independent media as the unifiers, not dividers, of society.
- During the presidential campaign, he vowed, ‘I'm a uniter, not a divider.’
also: dividers plural(Mathematics)(pair of) dividerscompás (masculine) de puntas fijasExample sentences
- This mosquito barrier also serves as a flexible room divider between the kitchen and the other living areas.
- A focal point is the Craftsman-inspired room divider that functions as a bookcase on one side and bench on the other.
- Eric stood next to the room divider that separated the item shop and the bar.
- The little kids did not like what we said and had their compasses and dividers out, ready to give us a poke so we scooted out.
- In a corner of the lunette depicting Solomon Sitting in Judgment is a figure of a seated man holding a pair of dividers and examining a drawing.
- A pair of dividers, which is a weaker tool than a compass, enables one to transfer distances.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.