Translation of divvy in Spanish:
noun plural -vies[colloquial]
- 1.1 (share)Example sentences1.2 (dividend)
- Investing through an individual savings account ensures that any profits and divis you earn will be tax-free.
- The majority of our long-term return comes from reinvesting divvies and if we don't, our investments will grow far more slowly than we imagine.
- Getting shot of this grocery chain is a sensible strategic decision, especially as the proceeds will help support the all-important divi.
transitive verb -vies, -vying, -vied
- (American English) [colloquial]
- He'll have a say in turnaround strategies and in how the assets are divvied up.
- The seller pays 6% of purchase price (taken out of proceeds at closing) which is divvied up between the two realtors.
- Since that day, all the acreage around their place has been divvied up into little parcels that sprouted split-levels, fake brick fronts and emerald chem-lawn.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.