Translation of dizzy in Spanish:
adjective dizzier, dizziest
- 1 (giddy)(sensation)I had a dizzy spell to feel dizzy
de mareoestar mareadoit makes me dizzy just watching themsolo de mirarlos me mareoExample sentences
- The physician twirled the patient around so fast and long, at one point, that the patient became dizzy and lost her balance.
- In July 1999 he began suffering dizzy spells, resulting in loss of balance, and painful headaches.
- With a dizzy head and uncontrollable balance, she took a couple steps towards the kitchen, but she swayed back and forth.
- 2 (causing dizziness)(speed)
vertiginoso(height)inflation continued at a dizzy rate
de vértigola inflación continuaba a un ritmo vertiginosoExample sentences
- As Chrissy unpacked her bag, Ian knelt on the pillows and looked down at the dizzy drop to the rocks below.
- South of that lies the corrie of the pap, Coire na Ciche, taking its name the great rock that gazes down into the dizzy depths below.
- 3 (silly, scatterbrained) [colloquial]tarambana [colloquial]Example sentences
- Karen played the dizzy girl who needed help with her bags and needing to be showed to her room.
- But perhaps because I'm dark not blonde, such idiotic statements are thought of as one-offs rather than a sign of a naturally dizzy blonde brain.
- They first met and became friends six years ago when she was playing Corrie's dizzy blonde barmaid Raquel and he was a top executive at Granada studios.
transitive verb dizzies, dizzying, dizzied
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.