Translation of doctrine in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (principles, tenets) doctrina (feminine) Christian doctrine la doctrina cristianaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable [Politics/Política] doctrina (feminine) the Monroe Doctrine la doctrina Monroe
- Some other missionaries may have just been concerned to teach the doctrines of the church.
- It attained some popularity due to a mistaken belief that it taught orthodox Mahyna doctrines, such as emptiness.
- Both groups continue to perpetuate the old and outworn doctrines of party politics.
- He demonstrates that the Bush doctrine is connected with the spread of neoliberalism and global capital.
- Are we discussing the Powell doctrine, or is this a critique of what's going on in the world right now?
- The conquest of Iraq was the first test of the Bush doctrine of preventive war.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas