Translation of dodge in Spanish:
sacudirse [colloquial]Example sentences
- When the news was wafted to his father's factory, all his colleagues dodged him as if they were avoiding a deadly plague.
- This time, he wasn't quick enough in dodging any attacks.
- I pushed myself up and dodged a sudden flurry to my right, just in time to avoid someone else's arms.
- 2(tax)we dodged paying our fare
evadirviajamos sin pagarto dodge the draft (US)(no acudir a la llamada a filas)Example sentences
- Only if no attempt is made to collect my fare will I dodge payment.
- No respite is given to the women constantly dodging detection and caught up at every turn by gender-specific restrictions.
- Are you dodging the social life question?
- 1 (trick) [colloquial] that's an old dodgeese es un truco muy viejoExample sentences
- How dare this President collect taxes from ordinary Americans after touting a company that created 881 offshore dodges to avoid taxes.
- The effect has been to encourage the well-off to take out plans for children as a tax dodge.
- The bill repeals restrictions on ‘top-heavy’ pension plans set up as tax dodges by employers.
- 2 (sidestep)esquive (masculine)Example sentences
- A guard shot at me but with a quick dodge from my new agility I managed to avoid at it.
- The boost in graphical detail has also improved their movements, making their dodges, grapples and infiltrations seem much more realistic.
- She rushed in, preparing to make a quick dodge into the kitchen to grab another drink and then get back out, but froze on the spot two steps into the house.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.