Translation of dodge in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [blow] esquivar; [pursuer] eludir, sacudirse [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 [question] esquivar, soslayar; [problem/issue] soslayar, eludir; [work/duty/responsibility] eludir, rehuir*; [tax] evadir we dodged paying our fare viajamos sin pagar to dodge the draft (American English/inglés norteamericano) [ no acudir a la llamada a filas ]
- When the news was wafted to his father's factory, all his colleagues dodged him as if they were avoiding a deadly plague.
- This time, he wasn't quick enough in dodging any attacks.
- I pushed myself up and dodged a sudden flurry to my right, just in time to avoid someone else's arms.
- Only if no attempt is made to collect my fare will I dodge payment.
- No respite is given to the women constantly dodging detection and caught up at every turn by gender-specific restrictions.
- Are you dodging the social life question?
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.