Translation of dodge in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [blow] esquivar; [pursuer] eludir, sacudirse [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 [question] esquivar, soslayar; [problem/issue] soslayar, eludir; [work/duty/responsibility] eludir, rehuir*; [tax] evadir we dodged paying our fare viajamos sin pagar to dodge the draft (American English/inglés norteamericano) [ no acudir a la llamada a filas ]
- When the news was wafted to his father's factory, all his colleagues dodged him as if they were avoiding a deadly plague.
- This time, he wasn't quick enough in dodging any attacks.
- I pushed myself up and dodged a sudden flurry to my right, just in time to avoid someone else's arms.
- Only if no attempt is made to collect my fare will I dodge payment.
- No respite is given to the women constantly dodging detection and caught up at every turn by gender-specific restrictions.
- Are you dodging the social life question?
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.