- (of deer) hembra (feminine) de gamo, gama (feminine); (of rabbit) coneja (feminine); (of hare) hembra (feminine) de liebreExample sentences
- I could tell the deer was a doe; there were no antlers or antler buds that would indicate a buck.
- Last year, most of the mule deer doe were without fawns, even those doe that dropped their fawns for years within a few yards of our house.
- Following a path without caring where it led as he pondered, he was brought up short when a doe and her young fawn scrambled quickly to their feet and bounded off.
- Occasionally, a doe will fail to conceive on schedule, but well-bred rabbits are dependable.
- Since my sweetest doe of all times produced my meanest buck of all times, I'd say that it is possible for things to go the other way around on an individual rabbit basis.
Definition of doe in:
- US English dictionary