- (of deer)hembra (feminine) de gamo(of rabbit)(of hare)hembra (feminine) de liebreExample sentences
- I could tell the deer was a doe; there were no antlers or antler buds that would indicate a buck.
- Last year, most of the mule deer doe were without fawns, even those doe that dropped their fawns for years within a few yards of our house.
- Following a path without caring where it led as he pondered, he was brought up short when a doe and her young fawn scrambled quickly to their feet and bounded off.
- Occasionally, a doe will fail to conceive on schedule, but well-bred rabbits are dependable.
- Since my sweetest doe of all times produced my meanest buck of all times, I'd say that it is possible for things to go the other way around on an individual rabbit basis.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.