Translation of doing in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (action) it was all his mother's doing fue todo cosa de su madre it'll take a bit/lot of doing va a dar un poco de/mucho trabajo that takes some doing eso no es nada fácil, eso no es moco de pavo [colloquial/familiar] it was none of our doing nosotros no tuvimos nada que ver
- 2(doings plural)(activities, events) actividades (feminine plural)Example sentences
- While the doings of ‘private contractors’ still pop up in articles about prisoner abuse, what such mercenary outfits are up to on the home front is hardly ever mentioned.
- Governments should not grant marriage licenses, or otherwise keep record of their citizens' private doings.
- Well, it's wonderful the way in which the doings of American royalty are getting mixed on the show with those of British royalty.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas