- 1 u (sphere of influence, activity) campo (m), esfera (f) statistics is outside my domain la estadística no es mi campo in the political/economic domain en el ámbito político/económico, en la esfera política/económica in the public domain de(l) dominio públicoMore example sentences
- After dark, the street milieu is the domain of the shadowy.
- The one area where there is some similarity between the two wars is the domain of public opinion.
- This is the domain of theology, cosmology and psychology.
- 2 c [Comput] dominio (m) (before n) domain name nombre (m) de dominio domain name system sistema (m) de nombres de dominioMore example sentences
- If the people with those accounts didn't bother to change their e-mail address when the domain expired, you can collect their passwords.
- The process for deciding ownership of Internet domains is flawed, biased and in drastic need of reform, an expert in Internet and e-commerce law has concluded in a study released today.
- Thus, identity indirectly controls the list of domains you may enter.
- 3 c (estate) [Hist] dominios (mpl)More example sentences
- The domains under her control included territories in both Burgundy and the Netherlands.
- The vast domain now had an area of nearly eleven and a half million square miles, and a population of more than a fifth of the people of the globe.
- The peripatetic household continued to gravitate towards the cities and towns of a ruler's domains, an urban environment providing the necessary infrastructures for court life.
- 4 c [Math] dominio (m)More example sentences
- Ten separate regression analyses were carried out, one regression analysis corresponding to each of the ten domains of the independent variables.
- In this case, this is not a problem, since the domain of the sine function is all real numbers.
- One of the first papers which he published after arriving in the United States was on the Euclidean algorithm in principal ideal domains.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.