Translation of domain in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (sphere of influence, activity) statistics is outside my domainin the political/economic domainla estadística no es mi campoin the public domainen el ámbito político/económicoen la esfera política/económicade(l) dominio públicoExample sentences
- After dark, the street milieu is the domain of the shadowy.
- The one area where there is some similarity between the two wars is the domain of public opinion.
- This is the domain of theology, cosmology and psychology.
- 2 countable (Computing)Example sentences
- If the people with those accounts didn't bother to change their e-mail address when the domain expired, you can collect their passwords.
- The process for deciding ownership of Internet domains is flawed, biased and in drastic need of reform, an expert in Internet and e-commerce law has concluded in a study released today.
- Thus, identity indirectly controls the list of domains you may enter.
- 3 countable (estate) (History)dominios (masculine plural)Example sentences
- The domains under her control included territories in both Burgundy and the Netherlands.
- The vast domain now had an area of nearly eleven and a half million square miles, and a population of more than a fifth of the people of the globe.
- The peripatetic household continued to gravitate towards the cities and towns of a ruler's domains, an urban environment providing the necessary infrastructures for court life.
- 4 countable (Mathematics)Example sentences
- Ten separate regression analyses were carried out, one regression analysis corresponding to each of the ten domains of the independent variables.
- In this case, this is not a problem, since the domain of the sine function is all real numbers.
- One of the first papers which he published after arriving in the United States was on the Euclidean algorithm in principal ideal domains.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.