Translation of domestic in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of the home)(life/problems)the domestic choresfor domestic reasonslas tareas domésticasthey live in domestic blisspor motivos familiaresto be in domestic servicela felicidad de su hogar es perfectadomestic servanttrabajar en el servicio domésticodoméstico, (-ca) (masculine, feminine)empleado doméstico, (empleada doméstica) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (home-loving) he's a very domestic sort of person
le gusta la vida de hogares muy casero or hogareñoExample sentences
- To address this, more work needs to be done in assessing the training needs of health professionals in relation to domestic violence.
- This re-organization is having a profound effect on social relations and domestic arrangements in the main family entertainment room.
- An expert believes family doctors can play an important role in helping resolve various family problems, including domestic violence.
- If a man wipes his feet on the door mat before coming into the room, you may be sure he will make a good domestic husband.
- My mother was a domestic goddess in every household art except culinary.
- I can't wait to have a family and I'm very domestic.
- 2(animal)Example sentences
- Now, the centre is home to a whole range of animals, including domestic pets like cats and dogs.
- Common around outlying human settlements, the bobcat will sometimes take small farm animals including domestic cats if easily accessible.
- We cannot just go in there without any notice at all and spray children, domestic pets, and animals such as horses.
- 3 (Economics, Politics)(affairs/policy/market)(produce)domestic newsnoticias (feminine plural) nacionalesExample sentences
- It has also developed materials for the steel industry, office machinery, domestic appliances, industrial safety, sports surfaces and car components.
- For a while the government banned all use of the waters for industrial and domestic purposes.
- She owes an awful lot to domestic appliances - or rather, the lack of them.
- The bright-line separation between foreign and domestic affairs has proven to be problematic.
- This is just as true in all areas of domestic affairs as in foreign policies.
- Not recommended for the beginner investor, these are bonds issued in foreign markets by domestic companies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the