- 1 1.1 (of the home) [life/problems] doméstico the domestic chores las tareas domésticas for domestic reasons por motivos familiares they live in domestic bliss la felicidad de su hogar es perfecta to be in domestic service trabajar en el servicio doméstico domestic servant doméstico, (masculine, feminine), empleado doméstico, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences1.2 (home-loving) casero, hogareño he's a very domestic sort of person le gusta la vida de hogar, es muy casero or hogareño
More example sentences
- To address this, more work needs to be done in assessing the training needs of health professionals in relation to domestic violence.
- This re-organization is having a profound effect on social relations and domestic arrangements in the main family entertainment room.
- An expert believes family doctors can play an important role in helping resolve various family problems, including domestic violence.
- If a man wipes his feet on the door mat before coming into the room, you may be sure he will make a good domestic husband.
- My mother was a domestic goddess in every household art except culinary.
- I can't wait to have a family and I'm very domestic.
- 2 [animal] domésticoMore example sentences
- Now, the centre is home to a whole range of animals, including domestic pets like cats and dogs.
- Common around outlying human settlements, the bobcat will sometimes take small farm animals including domestic cats if easily accessible.
- We cannot just go in there without any notice at all and spray children, domestic pets, and animals such as horses.
- 3 [Economics/Economía] [Politics/Política] [affairs/policy/market] interno; [produce] nacional domestic news noticias (feminine plural) nacionalesMore example sentences
More example sentences
- It has also developed materials for the steel industry, office machinery, domestic appliances, industrial safety, sports surfaces and car components.
- For a while the government banned all use of the waters for industrial and domestic purposes.
- She owes an awful lot to domestic appliances - or rather, the lack of them.
- The bright-line separation between foreign and domestic affairs has proven to be problematic.
- This is just as true in all areas of domestic affairs as in foreign policies.
- Not recommended for the beginner investor, these are bonds issued in foreign markets by domestic companies.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the