Translation of domestic in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of the home)(life/problems)the domestic chores
domésticolas tareas domésticasfor domestic reasonspor motivos familiaresthey live in domestic blissla felicidad de su hogar es perfectato be in domestic servicetrabajar en el servicio domésticodomestic servantdoméstico (-ca) (masculine, feminine)
empleado doméstico (empleada doméstica) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (home-loving) he's a very domestic sort of person
- To address this, more work needs to be done in assessing the training needs of health professionals in relation to domestic violence.
- This re-organization is having a profound effect on social relations and domestic arrangements in the main family entertainment room.
- An expert believes family doctors can play an important role in helping resolve various family problems, including domestic violence.
le gusta la vida de hogar
- It has also developed materials for the steel industry, office machinery, domestic appliances, industrial safety, sports surfaces and car components.
- For a while the government banned all use of the waters for industrial and domestic purposes.
- She owes an awful lot to domestic appliances - or rather, the lack of them.
es muy casero or hogareñoExample sentences
- If a man wipes his feet on the door mat before coming into the room, you may be sure he will make a good domestic husband.
- My mother was a domestic goddess in every household art except culinary.
- I can't wait to have a family and I'm very domestic.
- Now, the centre is home to a whole range of animals, including domestic pets like cats and dogs.
- Common around outlying human settlements, the bobcat will sometimes take small farm animals including domestic cats if easily accessible.
- We cannot just go in there without any notice at all and spray children, domestic pets, and animals such as horses.
- 3 (Economics, Politics)(affairs/policy/market)
nacionalnoticias (feminine plural) nacionalesExample sentences
- The bright-line separation between foreign and domestic affairs has proven to be problematic.
- This is just as true in all areas of domestic affairs as in foreign policies.
- Not recommended for the beginner investor, these are bonds issued in foreign markets by domestic companies.
- [formal]doméstico (-ca) (masculine, feminine)
empleado doméstico (empleada doméstica) (masculine, feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.