Translation of domestic in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (of the home)(life/problems)the domestic chores
domésticolas tareas domésticasfor domestic reasonspor motivos familiaresthey live in domestic blissla felicidad de su hogar es perfectato be in domestic servicetrabajar en el servicio domésticodomestic servantdoméstico, (-ca) (masculine, feminine)
empleado doméstico, (empleada doméstica) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (home-loving) he's a very domestic sort of person
- To address this, more work needs to be done in assessing the training needs of health professionals in relation to domestic violence.
- This re-organization is having a profound effect on social relations and domestic arrangements in the main family entertainment room.
- An expert believes family doctors can play an important role in helping resolve various family problems, including domestic violence.
le gusta la vida de hogar
- It has also developed materials for the steel industry, office machinery, domestic appliances, industrial safety, sports surfaces and car components.
- For a while the government banned all use of the waters for industrial and domestic purposes.
- She owes an awful lot to domestic appliances - or rather, the lack of them.
es muy casero or hogareñoExample sentences
- If a man wipes his feet on the door mat before coming into the room, you may be sure he will make a good domestic husband.
- My mother was a domestic goddess in every household art except culinary.
- I can't wait to have a family and I'm very domestic.
- Now, the centre is home to a whole range of animals, including domestic pets like cats and dogs.
- Common around outlying human settlements, the bobcat will sometimes take small farm animals including domestic cats if easily accessible.
- We cannot just go in there without any notice at all and spray children, domestic pets, and animals such as horses.
- 3 (Economics, Politics)(affairs/policy/market)
nacionalnoticias (feminine plural) nacionalesExample sentences
- The bright-line separation between foreign and domestic affairs has proven to be problematic.
- This is just as true in all areas of domestic affairs as in foreign policies.
- Not recommended for the beginner investor, these are bonds issued in foreign markets by domestic companies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.