- 1 1.1 (supremacy) dominio (m), dominación (f) 1.2 (predominance) predominio (m), preponderancia (f)More example sentences
More example sentences
- It's a game that they play in order to achieve a sense of power, dominance, control.
- Sea power's dominance, however, has been a point of contention among military historians.
- There is combat, to be sure, but no clash of armies as a result of peoples vying for dominance and power.
- Not all canopy species actually rise to dominance along any given transect.
- The matter is often thought to be an issue of rivalry or dominance between different species within the same family.
- In this study, and in animal behavior generally, dominance is defined as success in contests.
- 2 [Biol] [Ecol] dominación (f)
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.