- 1 1.1 (supremacy) dominio (m), dominación (f) 1.2 (predominance) predominio (m), preponderancia (f)More example sentences
More example sentences
- It's a game that they play in order to achieve a sense of power, dominance, control.
- Sea power's dominance, however, has been a point of contention among military historians.
- There is combat, to be sure, but no clash of armies as a result of peoples vying for dominance and power.
- Not all canopy species actually rise to dominance along any given transect.
- The matter is often thought to be an issue of rivalry or dominance between different species within the same family.
- In this study, and in animal behavior generally, dominance is defined as success in contests.
- 2 [Biol] [Ecol] dominación (f)
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.