- 1 1.1 (supremacy) dominio (m), dominación (f) 1.2 (predominance) predominio (m), preponderancia (f)More example sentences
More example sentences
- It's a game that they play in order to achieve a sense of power, dominance, control.
- Sea power's dominance, however, has been a point of contention among military historians.
- There is combat, to be sure, but no clash of armies as a result of peoples vying for dominance and power.
- Not all canopy species actually rise to dominance along any given transect.
- The matter is often thought to be an issue of rivalry or dominance between different species within the same family.
- In this study, and in animal behavior generally, dominance is defined as success in contests.
- 2 [Biology/Biología] [Ecology/Ecología] dominación (feminine)
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.