Translation of dominant in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (more powerful)(nation/party/force/influence)dominant market position
dominanteExample sentences1.2 (predominant)
- He argues that historically the reaction of lesser states has been determined more by the potential power of the dominant state than by its actual behaviour or avowed intentions.
- Geopolitics, history and common sense all indicate that a dominant power chooses its own policies without being influenced by the special wishes of others - however friendly.
- His powerful and sometimes dominant influence on Austrian politics is a result of the refusal of the other official parties to seriously take him on.
- Fluctuations in the productivity of dominant plant species should also have a significant impact on complex food webs in forest ecosystems.
- In an environment with moving sand, tolerance to partial burial seems to be a requisite for the dominant plant species.
- Perennial woody plants are the dominant species in many ecosystems of the world and have significant ecological and economic importance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.