Translation of dominion in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (power) [literary/literario] dominio (masculine) to have o hold dominion over sth/sb tener* or mantener* algo/a algn bajo dominioExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable [History/Historia] dominio (masculine)
- Humans can labour with their hands and brains, can plan and develop productive techniques, and have amassed centuries of culture and knowledge that have enabled them to control and hold dominion over the rest of nature.
- It identifies the restoration of dominion over the powers in the new humanity.
- In truth they are animated by nothing but their own lust for power and their desire for dominion over others.
- In 1907, New Zealand was made a Dominion of Great Britain.
- The British North America Act created the Dominion of Canada by 1867.
- Self-governing dominions in the British Empire - such as Canada and after 1947 India - also had one vote each.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.