Translation of donate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [money/blood/organ] donar; [services] prestar desinteresadamenteExample sentences
- Last year's winner received his cash scholarship and was also able to donate money to a charity that helps students pay for their schooling.
- He donated large sums of money to charity and established scholarship trusts to help Asian students come to Scotland to study.
- If you're doing a promotion that involves donating money to a charity, send it to the business section of your local paper.
- As a further precaution, should previously transfused people not be allowed to donate blood?
- This led to a ban on people who have received a blood transfusion since January 1980 donating blood in the future.
- These steps include not donating blood, tissue or organs, and ensuring they tell their doctors and dentists if they undergo treatment in future.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.