Translation of donate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [money/blood/organ] donar; [services] prestar desinteresadamenteExample sentences
- Last year's winner received his cash scholarship and was also able to donate money to a charity that helps students pay for their schooling.
- He donated large sums of money to charity and established scholarship trusts to help Asian students come to Scotland to study.
- If you're doing a promotion that involves donating money to a charity, send it to the business section of your local paper.
- As a further precaution, should previously transfused people not be allowed to donate blood?
- This led to a ban on people who have received a blood transfusion since January 1980 donating blood in the future.
- These steps include not donating blood, tissue or organs, and ensuring they tell their doctors and dentists if they undergo treatment in future.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.