Translation of donation in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable/numerable (gift) donativo (masculine), donación (feminine) to make a donation (to sth) hacer* una donación or un donativo (a algo)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (act) donación (feminine)
- On Wednesday the school sent a letter to parents asking for donations and the money started to flood in.
- Many of his sponsors doubled their donations, and the money was presented last Friday.
- In addition, our charitable trust provides donations to national and local causes.
- New artefacts are being brought in all the time either by donation or bequest.
- The event saw a brief presentation on eye donation followed by a question and answer session.
- We know that many relatives say no to organ donation simply because they do not know what their loved one would have wanted.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.