- 1.1 countable/numerable (gift) donativo (m), donación (f) to make a donation (to sth) hacer* una donación or un donativo (a algo)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (act) donación (feminine)
More example sentences
- On Wednesday the school sent a letter to parents asking for donations and the money started to flood in.
- Many of his sponsors doubled their donations, and the money was presented last Friday.
- In addition, our charitable trust provides donations to national and local causes.
- New artefacts are being brought in all the time either by donation or bequest.
- The event saw a brief presentation on eye donation followed by a question and answer session.
- We know that many relatives say no to organ donation simply because they do not know what their loved one would have wanted.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.