- 1.1 countable/numerable (gift) donativo (m), donación (f) to make a donation (to sth) hacer* una donación or un donativo (a algo)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (act) donación (feminine)
More example sentences
- On Wednesday the school sent a letter to parents asking for donations and the money started to flood in.
- Many of his sponsors doubled their donations, and the money was presented last Friday.
- In addition, our charitable trust provides donations to national and local causes.
- New artefacts are being brought in all the time either by donation or bequest.
- The event saw a brief presentation on eye donation followed by a question and answer session.
- We know that many relatives say no to organ donation simply because they do not know what their loved one would have wanted.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)