Translation of dope in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (drugs) [slang]Example sentences1.2 uncountable (Sport)
- That doesn't make cannabis a gateway - that people who might use heroin start with dope is not the same as saying that people who use dope might use heroin.
- Here they are reminded that it is an offence in Britain to possess or supply heroin, cocaine, dope etc - and then told in the very next sentence that half of young British adults have done these very things.
- Lumping everything from dope to heroin under the category ‘drugs’, and equating drug-taking with potential violence, is an obvious recipe for a media panic.
- That inquiry followed positive dope tests on two horses beaten at short odds.
- The horse was automatically dope tested by stewards at the course and the result of those tests will be revealed later this week.
- Although the most modern methods of finding the athletes who cheat are being used I don't believe that they will catch all of the athletes who use dope to win.
- What is more encouraging is the stance of the IOC President that rather than projecting a negative image, these dope tests and sanctions against cheats would only prove beneficial to sport in the longer run.
- Until testers learnt about the new designer steroid THG, athletes were taking it and still returning negative dope tests.
- 2 uncountable (information) [slang] so what's the dope on Brian?¿qué se sabe de Brian?
¿qué hay de Brian? [colloquial]Example sentences
- The obvious solution was to get the dope on him.
- He found out what some of the other cabinet ministers were up to and started collecting the dope on them.
- They really will give you the inside dope on where things are going.
- 3 countable (stupid person) [colloquial]Example sentences
- They have suffered embarrassment and worst from dopes, dubbos and incompetents.
- You have to wonder just what other accidents are waiting to happen between now and the end of the Games, and I don't mean the two dopes now out of hospital!
- The real dopes are his lieutenants who appear incapable of helping out their tired leader.
- 4 uncountable 4.1 (varnish) (Aerospace) 4.2 (lubricant)Example sentences
- Pipe dope is applied to the male threads of pipes to be connected to female threads.
- The pipe dope provides lubrication and seals the joints.
- Airplanes were made of dope, fabric, and wood - all highly flammable.
- He had done a lot of wood repair in the aileron and flap bays so there were patches of silver dope on the fabric and it was not really looking so good.
- Carefully tease the loops of the whipping together so that there are no gaps and either give it a coat of quick drying dope used by model aircraft builders or coat it with the specially made rod ring epoxy finish.
- 1.1 [colloquial](food/drink)1.2 (Electricity)
poner droga enExample sentences
- The flash memory device includes a semiconductor substrate and heavily doped impurity regions formed spaced apart from one another by a predetermined distance in the semiconductor substrate in a first direction.
- Recent research has discovered that a semiconductor can be made magnetic by doping it with an impurity.
- To conduct electricity, a polymer needs to be doped so that electrons can move freely.
- The prosecution had alleged that the five charged were part of a group that set out to dope racehorses in an attempt to make money off wagering.
- Having mastered how to use the equipment, the chemist can find out whether, for instance, a race horse had been doped, if an area is worth mining or if the proper chemical compound has been made.
- He is a coach more notorious for doping his athletes than for their on-track successes.
- The warning comes after reports of an incident where a woman's drink was doped.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.