Translation of dope in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (drugs) [slang]Example sentences1.2 uncountable (Sport)
- That doesn't make cannabis a gateway - that people who might use heroin start with dope is not the same as saying that people who use dope might use heroin.
- Here they are reminded that it is an offence in Britain to possess or supply heroin, cocaine, dope etc - and then told in the very next sentence that half of young British adults have done these very things.
- Lumping everything from dope to heroin under the category ‘drugs’, and equating drug-taking with potential violence, is an obvious recipe for a media panic.
- That inquiry followed positive dope tests on two horses beaten at short odds.
- The horse was automatically dope tested by stewards at the course and the result of those tests will be revealed later this week.
- Although the most modern methods of finding the athletes who cheat are being used I don't believe that they will catch all of the athletes who use dope to win.
- What is more encouraging is the stance of the IOC President that rather than projecting a negative image, these dope tests and sanctions against cheats would only prove beneficial to sport in the longer run.
- Until testers learnt about the new designer steroid THG, athletes were taking it and still returning negative dope tests.
- 2 uncountable (information) [slang] so what's the dope on Brian?¿qué se sabe de Brian?
¿qué hay de Brian? [colloquial]Example sentences
- The obvious solution was to get the dope on him.
- He found out what some of the other cabinet ministers were up to and started collecting the dope on them.
- They really will give you the inside dope on where things are going.
- 3 countable (stupid person) [colloquial]Example sentences
- They have suffered embarrassment and worst from dopes, dubbos and incompetents.
- You have to wonder just what other accidents are waiting to happen between now and the end of the Games, and I don't mean the two dopes now out of hospital!
- The real dopes are his lieutenants who appear incapable of helping out their tired leader.
- 4 uncountable 4.1 (varnish) (Aerospace)Example sentences4.2 (lubricant)
- Airplanes were made of dope, fabric, and wood - all highly flammable.
- He had done a lot of wood repair in the aileron and flap bays so there were patches of silver dope on the fabric and it was not really looking so good.
- Carefully tease the loops of the whipping together so that there are no gaps and either give it a coat of quick drying dope used by model aircraft builders or coat it with the specially made rod ring epoxy finish.
- Pipe dope is applied to the male threads of pipes to be connected to female threads.
- The pipe dope provides lubrication and seals the joints.
- 1.1 [colloquial](food/drink)
poner droga enExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (Electricity)
- The prosecution had alleged that the five charged were part of a group that set out to dope racehorses in an attempt to make money off wagering.
- Having mastered how to use the equipment, the chemist can find out whether, for instance, a race horse had been doped, if an area is worth mining or if the proper chemical compound has been made.
- He is a coach more notorious for doping his athletes than for their on-track successes.
- The warning comes after reports of an incident where a woman's drink was doped.
- The flash memory device includes a semiconductor substrate and heavily doped impurity regions formed spaced apart from one another by a predetermined distance in the semiconductor substrate in a first direction.
- Recent research has discovered that a semiconductor can be made magnetic by doping it with an impurity.
- To conduct electricity, a polymer needs to be doped so that electrons can move freely.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.