Translation of dormant in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [animal/plant] aletargadoExample sentences1.2 [volcano] inactivo
- The following method can be used to determine if dormant wheat plants are alive and likely to resume active growth in the spring.
- Following dispersal from the parent plant, seeds are dormant.
- So long as those auxin signals move out from the growing tips, few - if any - of the dormant buds on the plant will open up and begin to grow.
- Running down each side of the valley are mountain peaks dotted with dormant volcanoes.
- Fuji is a Japan's highest mountain with a dormant volcano, which most recently erupted in 1708.
- It's there in the white-clad high priest presiding in the temple at the summit of a dormant volcano.
- 2 [formal] [idea/emotion] latente to lie dormant permanecer* latenteExample sentences
- For decades the old garden had lain dormant and almost forgotten as many others of that period often do.
- The case had been long dormant for years.
- Your true ancestry did not disappear, though it lay dormant for many years.
- 3 (in heraldry) (predicative/predicativo) yacente
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.