Translation of dormant in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(animal/plant)Example sentences1.2
- The following method can be used to determine if dormant wheat plants are alive and likely to resume active growth in the spring.
- Following dispersal from the parent plant, seeds are dormant.
- So long as those auxin signals move out from the growing tips, few - if any - of the dormant buds on the plant will open up and begin to grow.
- Running down each side of the valley are mountain peaks dotted with dormant volcanoes.
- Fuji is a Japan's highest mountain with a dormant volcano, which most recently erupted in 1708.
- It's there in the white-clad high priest presiding in the temple at the summit of a dormant volcano.
- 2 [formal](idea/emotion)to lie dormantpermanecer latenteExample sentences
- For decades the old garden had lain dormant and almost forgotten as many others of that period often do.
- The case had been long dormant for years.
- Your true ancestry did not disappear, though it lay dormant for many years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the