Translation of dormant in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 [animal/plant] aletargadoExample sentences1.2 [volcano] inactivo
- The following method can be used to determine if dormant wheat plants are alive and likely to resume active growth in the spring.
- Following dispersal from the parent plant, seeds are dormant.
- So long as those auxin signals move out from the growing tips, few - if any - of the dormant buds on the plant will open up and begin to grow.
- Running down each side of the valley are mountain peaks dotted with dormant volcanoes.
- Fuji is a Japan's highest mountain with a dormant volcano, which most recently erupted in 1708.
- It's there in the white-clad high priest presiding in the temple at the summit of a dormant volcano.
- 2 [formal] [idea/emotion] latente to lie dormant permanecer* latenteExample sentences
- For decades the old garden had lain dormant and almost forgotten as many others of that period often do.
- The case had been long dormant for years.
- Your true ancestry did not disappear, though it lay dormant for many years.
- 3 (in heraldry) (predicative/predicativo) yacente
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the