- 1 1.1 [animal/plant] aletargadoMore example sentences1.2 [volcano] inactivo
More example sentences
- The following method can be used to determine if dormant wheat plants are alive and likely to resume active growth in the spring.
- Following dispersal from the parent plant, seeds are dormant.
- So long as those auxin signals move out from the growing tips, few - if any - of the dormant buds on the plant will open up and begin to grow.
- Running down each side of the valley are mountain peaks dotted with dormant volcanoes.
- Fuji is a Japan's highest mountain with a dormant volcano, which most recently erupted in 1708.
- It's there in the white-clad high priest presiding in the temple at the summit of a dormant volcano.
- 2 [formal] [idea/emotion] latente to lie dormant permanecer* latenteMore example sentences
- For decades the old garden had lain dormant and almost forgotten as many others of that period often do.
- The case had been long dormant for years.
- Your true ancestry did not disappear, though it lay dormant for many years.
- 3 (in heraldry) (predicative/predicativo) yacente
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...