Translation of dormitory in Spanish:
noun plural dormitories
- 1 (in school, hostel) (before noun) dormitory town/suburb (British English)ciudad (feminine) /barrio (masculine) dormitorioExample sentences
- Before mass started, the First Lady toured the school and saw her former class room and the dormitory where she used to sleep.
- Inmates sleep in either bedrooms or dormitories and there is no lock down at night.
- In 1879 another wing was added to the school with extra dormitories and classrooms.
- Players hang out together and reside in college campus dormitories.
- Two weeks later I was living in a dormitory at the University, dating fraternity boys and trying to figure out why I hated it so much.
- Reducing environmental noise while one is trying to sleep can be particularly challenging - especially in university dormitories.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.