Translation of dormitory in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 (in school, hostel) (before noun) dormitory town/suburb (British English)ciudad (feminine) /barrio (masculine) dormitorioExample sentences
- Before mass started, the First Lady toured the school and saw her former class room and the dormitory where she used to sleep.
- Inmates sleep in either bedrooms or dormitories and there is no lock down at night.
- In 1879 another wing was added to the school with extra dormitories and classrooms.
- Players hang out together and reside in college campus dormitories.
- Two weeks later I was living in a dormitory at the University, dating fraternity boys and trying to figure out why I hated it so much.
- Reducing environmental noise while one is trying to sleep can be particularly challenging - especially in university dormitories.
- 2 (students' residence)(American English)
residencia (feminine) de estudiantes
colegio (masculine) mayor (Spain)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.