Translation of double Dutch in Spanish:
- 1 (gibberish) [colloquial]chino (masculine) [colloquial]that's double Dutch to mepara mí eso es chino [colloquial]Example sentences
- The rules are as follows: whoever leaves first is a twat, too stupid to realise that you're not a real moviegoer unless you stay for the credits, whether they be in Cantonese or double Dutch.
- To most readers these names are double Dutch, but don't ignore the trend.
- Hazel danced up to the viewing platform, forgetting she didn't have a mathematical mind, and that it would all be double Dutch to her.
- 2 (skipping game) (US)(juego que consiste en saltar con dos cuerdas)Example sentences
- It was a time when racial discrimination wasn't as subtle, when Motown music filled the air, when young girls jumped double Dutch, ate Squirrel Nuts and Brown Cow candies and washed down the sticky sweets with NEHI sodas.
- I used to jump double Dutch when I was your age.
- We were 8 or 9 at the time, and when not jumping double Dutch or playing beauty parlor, Valeria and I would spend hours on the stoop of my family's Brooklyn brownstone swapping elaborate stories about Larry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.