transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [flames] sofocar*; [light/candle] apagar*; [person] empapar he doused himself with petrol se roció con gasolinaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Her t-shirt was doused in some liquid most likely liquor.
- Water passes through vents with each flush and is doused with fragrant liquid.
- Cupping my hands of the cool liquid, I doused my face in it, staring up at my wet faced reflection in the mirror blankly.
- At the airfield, chaos reigned as rescue crews equipped with fire extinguishers doused the flames emanating from the downed fighter.
- He sprung into action, grabbing the lab's fire blanket and dousing the flames that were playing across the workbench.
- It was only as the fire brigade doused the final embers in my gutted home that I wondered if perhaps the invite had been a subtle Valentine's message after all.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...