Translation of downcast in Spanish:
- 1 (dejected)Example sentences
- A woman who appears to be a downcast person who lives under bridges, turns out to be has a metamorphose into a princess and has a regal personage.
- The mood of the people was downcast after Australia notched up a whopping 359.
- There comes a definitive moment at the end of every Super Bowl when exuberant and downcast fans alike know when to shut off the TV, or at least change the channel.
- 2 (directed downward) with downcast eyescon la mirada baja
mirando al sueloExample sentences
- The lady in waiting was silent, with downcast eyes and a broken spirit.
- Chloe raised her blue downcast eyes and stared up at the young woman who had appeared in front of the breakfast table.
- The simple, archaic gesture, a performance of downcast eyes and busy hands, puts across a feminist rereading of the woman's straightjacket.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.