- (of person) perdición (feminine), ruina (feminine); (of industry) derrumbamiento (masculine); (of hopes, plans) desmoronamiento (masculine); (of king, dictator) caída (feminine) gambling was his downfall el juego fue su perdición or ruinaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The edge he plays with can lead to his downfall if he takes undisciplined penalties.
- It was this merger of Malchut and Mochiach that eventually led to the downfall of the empire.
- But there is one other sticky point that could very easily lead to his downfall.
- In the realm of the tragic hero there is always a fatal flaw in his personality that causes or precipitates his downfall.
- The combined forces of Harold and Tostig drove Gruffydd back into Wales, and in 1063 caused his downfall and death.
- It was widely rumored on Tuesday that his alleged wrongdoing and poor damage control would cause his downfall.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.