- (of person) perdición (f), ruina (f); (of industry) derrumbamiento (m); (of hopes, plans) desmoronamiento (m); (of king, dictator) caída (f) gambling was his downfall el juego fue su perdición or ruinaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The edge he plays with can lead to his downfall if he takes undisciplined penalties.
- It was this merger of Malchut and Mochiach that eventually led to the downfall of the empire.
- But there is one other sticky point that could very easily lead to his downfall.
- In the realm of the tragic hero there is always a fatal flaw in his personality that causes or precipitates his downfall.
- The combined forces of Harold and Tostig drove Gruffydd back into Wales, and in 1063 caused his downfall and death.
- It was widely rumored on Tuesday that his alleged wrongdoing and poor damage control would cause his downfall.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.