Translation of downgrade in Spanish:
- 1.1 (demote)(employee/hotel)1.2 (reduce) we must not downgrade the importance of his contribution
bajar de categoríano debemos restar importancia a su aportaciónExample sentences
- By upgrading the importance of other factors he downgraded the importance of economic growth in the development process.
- Evacuees were not paying council tax and some bandings had been downgraded, reducing the amount of rates collected.
- However, under this legislation we have downgraded safety to the same level as sustainability.
- (American English)a downgrade of 1 in 40
bajada (feminine)una pendiente del 2,5%to be on the downgradeir cuesta abajo
ir de mal en peorExample sentences
- A later rating by rival Moody's Investors Service kept Ford's debt rating at investment-grade status, the S&P downgrades shocked the corporate bond market.
- The code of conduct threatens penalties ranging from administrative sanctions and temporary suspension of duty, to rank downgrades and dismissal.
- With no suitable alternative location being offered by the Council the removal of the taxi rank is a downgrade in the taxi service of Ballina.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.