Translation of downgrade in Spanish:
- 1.1 (demote)(employee/hotel)1.2 (reduce) we must not downgrade the importance of his contributionbajar de categoríano debemos restar importancia a su aportaciónExample sentences
- By upgrading the importance of other factors he downgraded the importance of economic growth in the development process.
- Evacuees were not paying council tax and some bandings had been downgraded, reducing the amount of rates collected.
- However, under this legislation we have downgraded safety to the same level as sustainability.
- (American English)a downgrade of 1 in 40to be on the downgradeuna pendiente del 2,5%ir de mal en peorExample sentences
- A later rating by rival Moody's Investors Service kept Ford's debt rating at investment-grade status, the S&P downgrades shocked the corporate bond market.
- The code of conduct threatens penalties ranging from administrative sanctions and temporary suspension of duty, to rank downgrades and dismissal.
- With no suitable alternative location being offered by the Council the removal of the taxi rank is a downgrade in the taxi service of Ballina.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.