Translation of downhill in Spanish:
adverbAmerican English: /daʊnˈhɪl/ British English: /daʊnˈhɪl/
- (walk/run)to go downhillir de mal en peorExample sentences
- Follow the cobbles downhill and through a gate to reach the canal's lower level on the left.
- The route drops to a dead-end road called Smearbottom Lane further uphill, but downhill it becomes Hawthorns Lane and we took its very steep and metalled surface.
- Obviously the logical answer is that it always flows downhill, and it is an illusion that the road's length slants upwards.
adjectiveAmerican English: /daʊnˈhɪl/ British English: /ˈdaʊnhɪl/
- 1 1.1 (downward)(path)a downhill slope1.2 (in skiing)una bajadauna pendiente(race/racer)de descenso contra-relojExample sentences
- Favorite winter sports include cross-country and downhill skiing, and long-distance skating.
- For some sports like downhill skiing and gymnastics, they're eight times more susceptible.
- And when exactly was general downhill skiing and snowboarding considered an ‘extreme’ sport?
- There are subtle inclines and subtler downhill slopes.
- ‘There is no chance that any new downhill slopes will be developed at any of the existing centres or at any new locations,’ he says.
- Now, consider that - on a good day with a downhill slope and the blessing of some higher power - the Rickshaw can hit 30 mph.
- This was the start of the downhill road that is his health.
- It's downhill from there, a situation not helped by the BBC constantly reviving it because they feel the need to get a Christmas blockbuster.
- Seventy-four and a half per cent of this province's college faculty have voted to strike in protest of the downhill slide of the quality of college education.
- 2 (easy, pleasant) (predicative) it's all downhill from herede aquí en adelante todo va a marchar sobre ruedas or todo va a ser coser y cantarExample sentences
- I was hoping it would be a downhill slope from here, and I guess in a way, it is.
nounAmerican English: /daʊnˈhɪl/ British English: /ˈdaʊnhɪl/
- (in skiing) See examples: the downhillel descenso contra-relojExample sentences
- Being the type of person I am, I like the thrill - that's probably why I like downhill.
- The beauty of the older cable bindings was their usefulness for both touring and downhill.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.