Translation of downhill in Spanish:
- [walk/run] cuesta abajo to go downhill ir* cuesta abajo, ir* de mal en peorExample sentences
- Follow the cobbles downhill and through a gate to reach the canal's lower level on the left.
- The route drops to a dead-end road called Smearbottom Lane further uphill, but downhill it becomes Hawthorns Lane and we took its very steep and metalled surface.
- Obviously the logical answer is that it always flows downhill, and it is an illusion that the road's length slants upwards.
- 1 1.1 (downward) [path] cuesta abajo a downhill slope una bajada, una pendiente 1.2 (in skiing) [race/racer] de descenso contra-reloj
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.