Translation of downright in Spanish:
total y absolutoExample sentences
- No other night of the year manages the unique combination of misery, discomfort, expense and sheer downright unpleasantness.
- Each result was not only an embarrassment, but a downright disgrace.
- Trucks pump out far too much pollution and the buses where I live are a downright disgrace.
- it was downright dangerous!¡fue peligrosísimo!that's downright stupid¡eso es una soberana estupidez!he's downright meanes tacañísimohe wasn't so much impolite as downright rude!¡no estuvo descortés sino de lo más grosero!Example sentences
- When we walked back out to the dock, the 35 degrees felt downright comfortable.
- I find this extremely unprofessional, not to mention downright rude.
- It's brief, pithy and to the point - but it's also downright ugly and rude, so I don't condone it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.