- [lie/insolence] descarado; [crook/liar/rogue] redomado, de tomo y lomo [colloquial/familiar]; [madness] total y absolutoMore example sentences
- No other night of the year manages the unique combination of misery, discomfort, expense and sheer downright unpleasantness.
- Each result was not only an embarrassment, but a downright disgrace.
- Trucks pump out far too much pollution and the buses where I live are a downright disgrace.
- it was downright dangerous! ¡fue peligrosísimo! that's downright stupid ¡eso es una soberana estupidez! he's downright mean es tacañísimo he wasn't so much impolite as downright rude! ¡no estuvo descortés sino de lo más grosero!More example sentences
- When we walked back out to the dock, the 35 degrees felt downright comfortable.
- I find this extremely unprofessional, not to mention downright rude.
- It's brief, pithy and to the point - but it's also downright ugly and rude, so I don't condone it.