Translation of downright in Spanish:
- (lie/insolence)(madness)total y absolutoExample sentences
- No other night of the year manages the unique combination of misery, discomfort, expense and sheer downright unpleasantness.
- Each result was not only an embarrassment, but a downright disgrace.
- Trucks pump out far too much pollution and the buses where I live are a downright disgrace.
- it was downright dangerous!that's downright stupid¡fue peligrosísimo!he's downright mean¡eso es una soberana estupidez!he wasn't so much impolite as downright rude!es tacañísimo¡no estuvo descortés sino de lo más grosero!Example sentences
- When we walked back out to the dock, the 35 degrees felt downright comfortable.
- I find this extremely unprofessional, not to mention downright rude.
- It's brief, pithy and to the point - but it's also downright ugly and rude, so I don't condone it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.