Translation of downshift in Spanish:
noun/nombre(American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 1 (change to lower gear) cambio (masculine) a una velocidad inferiorExample sentences
- Like the V8 it mates to a five-speed automatic with adaptive shift control and a manual mode that matches engine revs on downshifts.
- Best of all, the engine revs joyously through downshifts, providing a great exhaust note while telling the world this isn't your average TT.
- Unlike traditional transmissions, the 7-speed will skip up to three gear ratios if necessary during downshifts, providing quick, smooth acceleration.
- 2 (reduction in tempo) ralentización (feminine)Example sentences
- But these downshifts do not bring you any closer to full-time Downers because they are voluntary moves that form a legitimate part of a self-chosen life project.
- This goes back to careful thought around the future and what you hope to attain through the downshift.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo(American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 2 (slow down) ralentizar*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the