noun/nombre(American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 1 (change to lower gear) cambio (masculine) a una velocidad inferiorMore example sentences
- Like the V8 it mates to a five-speed automatic with adaptive shift control and a manual mode that matches engine revs on downshifts.
- Best of all, the engine revs joyously through downshifts, providing a great exhaust note while telling the world this isn't your average TT.
- Unlike traditional transmissions, the 7-speed will skip up to three gear ratios if necessary during downshifts, providing quick, smooth acceleration.
- 2 (reduction in tempo) ralentización (feminine)More example sentences
- But these downshifts do not bring you any closer to full-time Downers because they are voluntary moves that form a legitimate part of a self-chosen life project.
- This goes back to careful thought around the future and what you hope to attain through the downshift.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo(American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 2 (slow down) ralentizar*
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.