Translation of downshift in Spanish:
noun/nombre(American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 1 (change to lower gear) cambio (masculine) a una velocidad inferiorExample sentences
- Like the V8 it mates to a five-speed automatic with adaptive shift control and a manual mode that matches engine revs on downshifts.
- Best of all, the engine revs joyously through downshifts, providing a great exhaust note while telling the world this isn't your average TT.
- Unlike traditional transmissions, the 7-speed will skip up to three gear ratios if necessary during downshifts, providing quick, smooth acceleration.
- 2 (reduction in tempo) ralentización (feminine)Example sentences
- But these downshifts do not bring you any closer to full-time Downers because they are voluntary moves that form a legitimate part of a self-chosen life project.
- This goes back to careful thought around the future and what you hope to attain through the downshift.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo(American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 2 (slow down) ralentizar*
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.