Translation of downshift in Spanish:
- 1 (change to lower gear)cambio (masculine) a una velocidad inferiorExample sentences
- Like the V8 it mates to a five-speed automatic with adaptive shift control and a manual mode that matches engine revs on downshifts.
- Best of all, the engine revs joyously through downshifts, providing a great exhaust note while telling the world this isn't your average TT.
- Unlike traditional transmissions, the 7-speed will skip up to three gear ratios if necessary during downshifts, providing quick, smooth acceleration.
- 2 (reduction in tempo)Example sentences
- But these downshifts do not bring you any closer to full-time Downers because they are voluntary moves that form a legitimate part of a self-chosen life project.
- This goes back to careful thought around the future and what you hope to attain through the downshift.
intransitive verb(American English)
- 1 (change to lower gear)cambiar a una velocidad inferiorExample sentences
- In automatic mode it will sense via accelerometers when to retain a low gear and when to downshift.
- You're going to brake for Turn 10 just as the pavement changes (from asphalt to concrete at the start of the corner) and then downshift to second gear from fourth.
- It also works for travelling down grades, holding a gear and/or downshifting when the brake is tapped.
- 2 (slow down)Example sentences
- On the whole, people go on holiday to downshift, to go back a few centuries and to get away from commerce and industry.
- Everyone has to add value, to move, to upsize or downshift.
- In China, virtually everything will turn on the ability of the central leadership to downshift the economy without stalling it, " he said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.