Translation of draft in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable( (British English/inglés británico) draught)(cold air) corriente (feminine) de aire to feel the draft [colloquial/familiar] resentirse*, verse* afectado
- 2 countable/numerable (formulation) versión (feminine) the first/final draft of my speech la primera versión/la versión final de mi discurso a rough draft un borrador he presented the project in draft (form) presentó el anteproyecto (before noun/delante del nombre) [resolution/version] preliminar draft bill anteproyecto (masculine) de ley I checked the draft contract revisé el borrador or la minuta del contratoExample sentences
- Since a job description for this office could not be found, I generated a preliminary draft of such a document.
- The study was still undergoing substantive editing in order to incorporate the suggestions of the lawyers and public policy analysts who reviewed its preliminary drafts.
- It is hoped that each will complete a preliminary draft of a new play by July 2005, with a view to five new works being created for possible production over the next few years.
- 3 countable/numerable( (British English/inglés británico) draught)[Nautical/Náutica] calado (masculine)
- 4 uncountable/no numerable( (British English/inglés británico) draught)(haulage) tiro (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [horse/animal] de tiro
- 5 [Finance] cheque (masculine) or efecto (masculine) bancarioExample sentences
- How could Dunlop walk into the AIB with cheques or drafts made out for large sums of money to a company of which he was not a director or shareholder or officer, and walk out again having converted them to cash?
- You may send in your contributions in the form of cheque or draft or money orders directly addressed to.
- The reason for this is that bankers' drafts are made payable to the payee's order, which means that transfer can be effected only by means of the payee's genuine indorsement.
- 6 (American English/inglés norteamericano) the draft [Military/Militar] el llamamiento or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) llamado a filas (before noun/delante del nombre) draft card cartilla (feminine) militar draft deferral prórroga (feminine) del servicio militar draft quota cupo (masculine) ([ de soldados ])
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 (formulate) [document/contract] redactar el borrador de; [speech] preparar I've already drafted the letter ya he redactado el borrador de la carta
- 2 (conscript) (American English/inglés norteamericano) reclutar, llamar a filas her son was drafted into the army su hijo fue llamado a filas
- 3 (assign) designar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the