Translation of draft in Spanish:
- 1 countablealso: (British English) draught(cold air)corriente (feminine) de aireto feel the draft [colloquial]resentirse
- 2 countable (formulation) the first/final draft of my speechla primera versión/la versión final de mi discursoa rough draftun borradorhe presented the project in draft (form)presentó el anteproyecto(before noun) (resolution/version)draft bill I checked the draft contract
preliminarrevisé el borrador or la minuta del contratoExample sentences
- Since a job description for this office could not be found, I generated a preliminary draft of such a document.
- The study was still undergoing substantive editing in order to incorporate the suggestions of the lawyers and public policy analysts who reviewed its preliminary drafts.
- It is hoped that each will complete a preliminary draft of a new play by July 2005, with a view to five new works being created for possible production over the next few years.
- 5 (Finance)cheque (masculine) bancario
efecto (masculine) bancarioExample sentences
- How could Dunlop walk into the AIB with cheques or drafts made out for large sums of money to a company of which he was not a director or shareholder or officer, and walk out again having converted them to cash?
- You may send in your contributions in the form of cheque or draft or money orders directly addressed to.
- The reason for this is that bankers' drafts are made payable to the payee's order, which means that transfer can be effected only by means of the payee's genuine indorsement.
- 6 (American English) the draft (Military)el llamamiento or ( (Latin America) tb) llamado a filas(before noun) draft cardcartilla (feminine) militardraft deferralprórroga (feminine) del servicio militardraft quotacupo (masculine) (de soldados)
- 1 (formulate)(document/contract)
redactar el borrador de(speech)I've already drafted the letter
prepararya he redactado el borrador de la cartaExample sentences
- Nor have they established that, even leaving it until the last minute, he could not have drafted these documents and prepared them prior to the expiry of the four month period.
- The preliminary survey questionnaire was drafted on July 13, 1997.
- Cine and the WHO are drafting a document that will serve as a guide for researchers and communities in health research projects.
- 2 (conscript) (American English)reclutarher son was drafted into the army
llamar a filassu hijo fue llamado a filasExample sentences
- Accordingly, in March 1863, Congress passed the Conscription Act to draft men into military service.
- However, in March 1916, he was drafted for military service to the Reserve Officers School near Sofia.
- An army serial number must be assigned and issued to an Army or Navy inductee by a relevant military draft office on the day when he is drafted into service.
- 3 (assign)Example sentences
- A team of Hampshire police officers was drafted in last night as a murder investigation was launched.
- Dozens of extra officers were also drafted in from across the force, and senior officers even flew to the US to meet members of the FBI to help with the investigation.
- A month later union leaders were drafted in following fears the firm's wood mill was facing imminent closure, with more finished products being shipped in from abroad.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.