- 1 c( (BrE) draught)(cold air) corriente (f) de aire to feel the draft [colloquial/familiar] resentirse*, verse* afectado
- 2 c (formulation) versión (f) the first/final draft of my speech la primera versión/la versión final de mi discurso a rough draft un borrador he presented the project in draft (form) presentó el anteproyecto (before n) [resolution/version] preliminar draft bill anteproyecto (m) de ley I checked the draft contract revisé el borrador or la minuta del contratoMore example sentences
- Since a job description for this office could not be found, I generated a preliminary draft of such a document.
- The study was still undergoing substantive editing in order to incorporate the suggestions of the lawyers and public policy analysts who reviewed its preliminary drafts.
- It is hoped that each will complete a preliminary draft of a new play by July 2005, with a view to five new works being created for possible production over the next few years.
- 3 c( (BrE) draught)[Naut] calado (m)
- 4 u( (BrE) draught)(haulage) tiro (m); (before n) [horse/animal] de tiro
- 5 [Fin] cheque (m) or efecto (m) bancarioMore example sentences
- How could Dunlop walk into the AIB with cheques or drafts made out for large sums of money to a company of which he was not a director or shareholder or officer, and walk out again having converted them to cash?
- You may send in your contributions in the form of cheque or draft or money orders directly addressed to.
- The reason for this is that bankers' drafts are made payable to the payee's order, which means that transfer can be effected only by means of the payee's genuine indorsement.
- 6 (AmE) the draft [Mil] el llamamiento or (AmL tb) llamado a filas (before n) draft card cartilla (f) militar draft deferral prórroga (f) del servicio militar draft quota cupo (m) (de soldados)
- 1 (formulate) [document/contract] redactar el borrador de; [speech] preparar I've already drafted the letter ya he redactado el borrador de la cartaMore example sentences
- Nor have they established that, even leaving it until the last minute, he could not have drafted these documents and prepared them prior to the expiry of the four month period.
- The preliminary survey questionnaire was drafted on July 13, 1997.
- Cine and the WHO are drafting a document that will serve as a guide for researchers and communities in health research projects.
- 2 (conscript) (AmE) reclutar, llamar a filas her son was drafted into the army su hijo fue llamado a filasMore example sentences
- Accordingly, in March 1863, Congress passed the Conscription Act to draft men into military service.
- However, in March 1916, he was drafted for military service to the Reserve Officers School near Sofia.
- An army serial number must be assigned and issued to an Army or Navy inductee by a relevant military draft office on the day when he is drafted into service.
- 3 (assign) designarMore example sentences
- A team of Hampshire police officers was drafted in last night as a murder investigation was launched.
- Dozens of extra officers were also drafted in from across the force, and senior officers even flew to the US to meet members of the FBI to help with the investigation.
- A month later union leaders were drafted in following fears the firm's wood mill was facing imminent closure, with more finished products being shipped in from abroad.