Translation of drama in Spanish:
noun plural -mas
- 1 (Theater) 1.1 countable (play)obra (feminine) dramáticaExample sentences1.2 uncountable (plays collectively)
(dramatic art)(as school subject)(before noun) (school/student/teacher)de arte dramáticoExample sentences
- Snippets of music, radio dramas and newsreels play in the background and laundry hangs over the audience.
- Television dramas were usually adaptations of stage plays, and invariably about upper classes.
- In addition to her contribution to music, she acted in a number of television dramas and feature films.
- The movies scheduled to be shown come from many genres including drama, comedy and thrillers.
- Bringing modern styles to Chinese drama, they are cultivating their own fans.
- There were a range of optional subjects like Australian and American literature and drama.
- The money will go towards the school's planned amphitheatre and other drama activities.
- For a number of years now, he has worked with young carers in the area offering drama workshops and activities.
- He said the ground floor would have a sliding door to make separate areas for activities such as drama productions.
- 2 2.1 uncountable (excitement) a movie full of the drama of war2.2 countable (exciting event, story) See examples:hijack drama continuesuna película con todo el dramatismo de la guerracontinúan los dramáticos sucesos en torno al secuestroExample sentences
- The drama of that event is so perfectly evoked you can feel the fear in the room and hear bones crunch as the executioner's axe strikes home.
- The drama of the event had the staffers buzzing but drew shrugs from the children.
- Intimate cinematography and the drama of events unfolding makes for intense, absorbing viewing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to