- 1 (Theater) (+ singular verb) amateur dramaticsteatro (masculine) amateur or de aficionadosExample sentences
- So, who better to direct York Settlement Players in Alan Ayckbourn's study of amateur dramatics, A Chorus Of Disapproval?
- She appeared almost troubled by that fact, which was either the result of extensive amateur dramatics practice, or else she actually felt that way.
- Her love for amateur operatics and dramatics has also led to fascinating work as a dresser for the Good Old Days, Opera North and the Northern Ballet.
- 2 (histrionics) (+ plural verb) his dramatics are very wearinghace tanto teatro or es tan teatral que uno llega a cansarseExample sentences
- In fact, stamp your feet and run out of the room just to heighten the dramatics.
- Not to mention the fights, the laughs and the dramatics.
- After lying on the floor in a fit of dramatics I realized what I had thought - pinky toe.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.