Translation of draught in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (storage under pressure) See examples: beer on draught(before noun) (beer/cider)de barril
- 2 countable [literary] 2.1 (of water, beer)(of air)2.2 (of drug) See examples: a draught of poisona sleeping draughtun bebedizouna pócima para dormirExample sentences
- Loft insulation prevents heat from rising and going straight through the roof, while draught proofing cuts out unpleasant draughts from around windows, external doors, letterboxes, keyholes and cat flaps.
- He offered her a small wave, then left, shutting the door so quickly that it blew a draught across the room.
- The medical bay was actually an old khaki army tent, so whenever the breeze blew a draught came through the front entrance flaps.
- He filled three cups from a large flask, passing them round and drinking a long draught from his own, before introducing himself as Seth.
- Then they gave him a groat, which he put in his pocket; a crust of bread, which he ate; and a full bowl of ale, which he drank off at a draught.
- He ended, and emptied his tankard in a single draught.
- He produced a bottle of wine, took a deep draught, and burst into a heartfelt rendition of Je Ne Regrette Rien.
- Time to pull myself together, swig a good deep draught of Andrew's Liver Salts, and get cracking.
- He took a deep draught from his mug, setting it down empty.
- 3 (British English) → draft
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.