Translation of draught in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable (storage under pressure) beer on draught cerveza (feminine) de barril (before noun/delante del nombre) [beer/cider] de barril
- 2 countable/numerable [literary/literario] 2.1 (of water, beer) trago (masculine); (of air) bocanada (feminine) 2.2 (of drug) a draught of poison un bebedizo a sleeping draught una pócima para dormirExample sentences
- Loft insulation prevents heat from rising and going straight through the roof, while draught proofing cuts out unpleasant draughts from around windows, external doors, letterboxes, keyholes and cat flaps.
- He offered her a small wave, then left, shutting the door so quickly that it blew a draught across the room.
- The medical bay was actually an old khaki army tent, so whenever the breeze blew a draught came through the front entrance flaps.
- He filled three cups from a large flask, passing them round and drinking a long draught from his own, before introducing himself as Seth.
- Then they gave him a groat, which he put in his pocket; a crust of bread, which he ate; and a full bowl of ale, which he drank off at a draught.
- He ended, and emptied his tankard in a single draught.
- He produced a bottle of wine, took a deep draught, and burst into a heartfelt rendition of Je Ne Regrette Rien.
- Time to pull myself together, swig a good deep draught of Andrew's Liver Salts, and get cracking.
- He took a deep draught from his mug, setting it down empty.
- 3 (British English/inglés británico) draft
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the