Translation of draught in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (storage under pressure) beer on draught(before noun) (beer/cider)
de barrilExample sentences
- He filled three cups from a large flask, passing them round and drinking a long draught from his own, before introducing himself as Seth.
- Then they gave him a groat, which he put in his pocket; a crust of bread, which he ate; and a full bowl of ale, which he drank off at a draught.
- He ended, and emptied his tankard in a single draught.
- He produced a bottle of wine, took a deep draught, and burst into a heartfelt rendition of Je Ne Regrette Rien.
- Time to pull myself together, swig a good deep draught of Andrew's Liver Salts, and get cracking.
- He took a deep draught from his mug, setting it down empty.
- 2 countable [literary] 2.1 (of water, beer)(of air) bocanada (feminine)Example sentences2.2 (of drug) a draught of poison
un bebedizoa sleeping draughtuna pócima para dormir
- Loft insulation prevents heat from rising and going straight through the roof, while draught proofing cuts out unpleasant draughts from around windows, external doors, letterboxes, keyholes and cat flaps.
- He offered her a small wave, then left, shutting the door so quickly that it blew a draught across the room.
- The medical bay was actually an old khaki army tent, so whenever the breeze blew a draught came through the front entrance flaps.
- 3 (British English) → draft
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.