Translation of dreadful in Spanish:
- [news/experience/weather] espantoso, terrible, atroz stop that dreadful racket! ¡deja de hacer ese ruido tan espantoso! how dreadful for you! ¡qué horror! ¡pobrecito! I feel dreadful about not having helped me siento muy mal por no haber ayudado you look dreadful tienes muy mala caraExample sentences
- ‘Nevertheless it was a serious attack, with dreadful injuries and that of course is something he regrets immensely,’ she said.
- That was undoubtedly the worst period of my life, made even more dreadful by a growing fear that it would never end, and my life would be ruined.
- How do you reconcile the dreadful suffering and loss of life caused by the tsunami in South East Asia with the idea of a loving God?
- Then why are they feeding them rotten, frightening, dreadful food for their minds and souls?
- ‘As far as their understanding would go they would see it as possibly disgraceful and downright dreadful behaviour,’ he said.
- Who says the admission to some other sports are any better value than the often dreadful rubbish served up in some of the GAA's National Leagues fixtures.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.