Translation of dreadfully in Spanish:
- [upset/late] terriblemente, enormemente; [write/sing] espantosamente (mal), fatal (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar] I'm dreadfully sorry lo siento muchísimo or en el alma it hurts dreadfully duele muchísimoExample sentences
- I am really, truly, extremely, dreadfully, horribly sorry!
- His behaviour was terrible and I am dreadfully sorry that you were exposed to it.
- I feel dreadfully sorry for her and I know Michael will be really upset about it.
- But isn't it refreshing to be able to tell you about two clubs with a good news story - even though both are performing somewhere between disappointingly and dreadfully on the field?
- It can be difficult when you miss your child all day to find they behave dreadfully when they get home.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to