- 1 (American English) (in bedroom)Example sentences
- It may be installed in a dresser or desk drawer or detached and mounted in a vehicle.
- There were two double beds, two bedside tables, and two dressers with six drawers each.
- When we were done, the bed was completely under the window, with a desk, dresser, and chest of drawers against the walls.
- 2 (British English) (in kitchen)Example sentences
- They kept a creamery book behind the plates on the top shelf of the dresser in the kitchen so that they could see at a glance how much milk they had delivered to their co-op.
- From here, a glass-panelled door connects to the large country style kitchen with its pine dresser and cupboards.
- Yeah, he climbs on the kitchen cabinets and dressers.
- 1 (person) See examples: he's a sloppy/stylish dresser(se) viste con mucho descuido/estiloExample sentences
- In London, it was a snappy dresser with a bowler hat.
- In fact, he's a snappy dresser, with a penchant for Paul Smith suits and shirts, so his slippers would probably be hand-embroidered velvet.
- Not only is she a brilliant writer, a snappy dresser, and a damn fine friend, she's also so right.
- 2 (Theater)Example sentences
- They could get close to the acting scene by being dressers of the actors, but behind the scenes they learned the lines of the plays, waiting for the day the acting rules changed.
- Solo singing was augmented by the use of strap-on microphones, which posed a challenge to the dressers as actors were readied for their turns on the stage.
- What do you get when you cross a cross-dressing actor with a cross-acting dresser?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.