- 1 (American English) (in bedroom)Example sentences
- It may be installed in a dresser or desk drawer or detached and mounted in a vehicle.
- There were two double beds, two bedside tables, and two dressers with six drawers each.
- When we were done, the bed was completely under the window, with a desk, dresser, and chest of drawers against the walls.
- 2 (British English) (in kitchen)Example sentences
- They kept a creamery book behind the plates on the top shelf of the dresser in the kitchen so that they could see at a glance how much milk they had delivered to their co-op.
- From here, a glass-panelled door connects to the large country style kitchen with its pine dresser and cupboards.
- Yeah, he climbs on the kitchen cabinets and dressers.
- 1 (person) he's a sloppy/stylish dresser(se) viste con mucho descuido/estiloExample sentences
- In London, it was a snappy dresser with a bowler hat.
- In fact, he's a snappy dresser, with a penchant for Paul Smith suits and shirts, so his slippers would probably be hand-embroidered velvet.
- Not only is she a brilliant writer, a snappy dresser, and a damn fine friend, she's also so right.
- 2 (Theater)Example sentences
- They could get close to the acting scene by being dressers of the actors, but behind the scenes they learned the lines of the plays, waiting for the day the acting rules changed.
- Solo singing was augmented by the use of strap-on microphones, which posed a challenge to the dressers as actors were readied for their turns on the stage.
- What do you get when you cross a cross-dressing actor with a cross-acting dresser?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.