Translation of dressing in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable [Medicine/Medicina] apósito (masculine), gasa (feminine); (bandage) vendaje (masculine)Example sentences
- When the operation is complete, the incisions are closed with stitches and the four small wounds are covered with dressings.
- Care of the skin, good hygiene, control of skin diseases such as tinea pedis, and careful antiseptic dressings after minor wounds are all important.
- Make sure if you have open or infected wounds that these are kept covered with a waterproof dressing.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (putting on clothes) her arthritis made dressing difficult le costaba vestirse a causa de la artritis
- 3 u and c [Cookery/Cocina] 3.1 (for salad) aliño (masculine), aderezo (masculine) 3.2 (stuffing) (American English/inglés norteamericano) relleno (masculine)Example sentences
- I'll be enjoying tomorrow with my family, eating way too much turkey and dressing, along with some fine sides and desserts.
- I can't decide whether to have the traditional turkey and dressing, or to maybe do something like beef tenderloin.
- Start turkey and dressing five hours before you expect to serve dinner.
- Then flavour with crushed garlic, tomato purée, chilli or fresh herbs for dips or salad dressing.
- Other enemies of silver include table salt, olives, salad dressing, eggs, vinegar and fruit juices.
- The rest - salad dressing, ketchup, mustard - is too mundane to mention.
- 4 u and c (fertilizer) abono (masculine)Example sentences
- Heavy feeders, sunflowers appreciate a side dressing of compost or fertilizer during the growing season.
- Feed with a high nitrogen fertilizer, and add side dressings of compost or aged manure to the soil to help promote rapid growth.
- Give fruit trees and bushes a dressing of autumn fertiliser, low in nitrogen but high in potassium and phosphorous.
- 5 5.1 countable/numerable (for finishing of fabrics) apresto (masculine) 5.2 uncountable/no numerable (of leather) curtido (masculine)Example sentences
- It is important to ensure that the dressing is rubbed well into the fabric, and not allowed to remain thickly on the surface.
- Most shoemakers work in big factories where conditions are usually unhealthy because of the noise and working with chemical substances such as glues, solvents and dressings.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.