Translation of dribble in Spanish:
- 1 (drool) he dribblesse le cae la baba
- Stripes snaked down his body, yellowy eyes stared back at both warriors, orange fur bristled in the heat, and sharp canines dribbled with saliva.
- His mouth dribbled at the thought of the human food; though it lacked the piquancy of live prey, it had strangely appetizing flavours.
- And, for a number of babies, this can make them a little irritable, more inclined to wake up crying at night, more liable to drool and dribble, and need more soothing and comfort.
- 2 (Sport)Example sentences
- He had to use a hockey stick to dribble a ball round some cones.
- That, of course, was exactly my plan, and I pushed past him, dribbling the ball down the field before scoring after many failed attempts at stealing the ball on his part.
- Charging past him, she dribbled the ball with one hand, to get a shot in at the three-point line.
- 1to dribble saliva she was dribbling milkle chorreaba la leche por la bocadribble melted chocolate over the cakedecorar el pastel con chorritos de chocolate fundido
- 1 1.1 uncountable (saliva)Example sentences1.2 countable (of running liquid)
chorrito (masculine)there's only a dribble left
- With a stretch, a yawn and a scratch, he adjusted his position and returned to sleep, a spot of dribble suspended from his mouth.
- I had a bit of a snooze and woke up with dribble all down my shirt.
- Man, where are the tissues when you need them - there was dribble everywhere.
hilo (masculine)queda solo una gota or un poquitoExample sentences
- Once an emulsion has begun to form, you can increase the dribble to a thin, slow stream.
- With thick dribbles of paint streaming down the canvases, a certain symmetry is achieved.
- A dribble of blood trickled from the corner of his mouth as he fought to find enough force to speak.
- 2 uncountable (Sport)dribling (masculine)
regateo (masculine)Example sentences
- He is taking the ball to the basket aggressively and making plays off the dribble for his teammates.
- While he makes certain rookie ball-handling mistakes, he also shows a low dribble and ball control that lets him get to the hoop against tough defense.
- He's an awesome athlete, knows how to play above the rim, and can take any Power Forward off the dribble.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.