Translation of drip-dry in Spanish:
de lava y pon
de lavar y poner
lavilisto (Río de la Plata) [trademark]no retorcerExample sentences
- All eight pairs of underpants, four shirts, four string vests and three drip-dry slacks were burned to ash.
- It's enough to make you head off, sobbing, to buy a pair of Marks & Spencer stay-pressed slacks in easy-care drip-dry nylon.
- ‘Our bodies are drip-dry,’ says Wendy Bumgardner, Portland, Ore.-based marathon coach and about.com walking columnist.
intransitive verb drip-dries, drip-drying, drip-dried
- hang it out to drip-drycuélguelo mojado y déjelo escurrirExample sentences
- Hang one or two racks in a mud room or laundry room, and let shoes and garments drip-dry.
- Apart from anything else, I wore the latter in the Jacuzzi this afternoon and it's still drip-drying in my shower.
- In no time, he had the whole outfit draped over the shower curtain rod to drip-dry.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.