- (British English)(grasa de carne asada que se suele untar en el pan)Example sentences
- Mash the vegetables with the butter or dripping, add salt and pepper to taste and stir in the chives.
- I still carry around a hankering for bread and dripping, steamed pudding, and sweet macaroni, but I know they will do me no good, so I avoid them.
- Heat the butter or dripping in a frying pan, add the cakes and cook them gently for about five minutes on each side until golden and crisp.
- [colloquial]empapado(as intensifier) to be dripping wetestar chorreando or empapadomy hair's still dripping wettodavía tengo el pelo chorreando or empapadoExample sentences
- And by the time the show ended, we were all soaked and dripping wet.
- Yesterday I was sitting in a café, drinking coffee, and two young girls - just like we used to be - wandered in dripping wet from the rain.
- I took a very quick shower and got out in time to slip a towel around my body and dash, dripping wet, back into the kitchen to pull my food out of the fryer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.