Translation of driver in Spanish:
- 1 (of car, truck, bus) conductor, (masculine, feminine), chofer or (Spain/España) chófer (masculine and feminine); (of racing car) piloto (masculine and feminine); (of carriage) cochero (masculine); (of cart) carretero (masculine); (of train) (British English/inglés británico) maquinista (masculine and feminine) cab driver taxista (masculine and feminine) drivers are asked to avoid this area se ruega a los automovilistas que eviten circular por esta zona she's a good driver maneja or (Spain/España) conduce bien
- 2 (in golf club) madera (feminine) número 1Example sentences
- If you hit 10 golf balls at the driving range with your driver, you'll improve by the eighth swing or so.
- I always use the same six clubs, working my way up from the sand wedge to the driver.
- Some of the greens were so steeply sloped that the ball didn't stop, and you had to get your driver out to putt it back uphill.
- 3 [Computing/Informática] driver (masculine)Example sentences
- It will include desktops and laptops, plus printers, scanners, CD-ROM drivers and software when bought in the same transaction as the computer.
- It is also working to add various hardware device drivers to the operating system.
- It means you can put exactly the same bundle of applications, drivers and operating system onto any machine and be certain there won't be problems.
- 4 (agent, cause) propulsor, (masculine, feminine) the drivers of change los propulsores de cambioExample sentences
- He proposed the council give incentives to taxi drivers to convert their vehicles to liquefied petroleum gas, which is much cleaner.
- The arrests came after the police received reports that a gang of youths were allegedly hurling racist abuse at taxi drivers and damaging vehicles.
- If he's a student, a daily driver probably drives a vehicle that used to belong to his parents.
- Urged on by the players, the drivers of the mules took some frightening risks.
- The driver whistled to the mules and they slowed to a steady walk.
- He strode boldly up the bank towards the mule driver and tipped his hat.
- Falling global inflation and strong domestic growth were the main drivers of exceptional investment returns in the 1980s and 1990s.
- Business investment was again the main driver, along with net exports and housing.
- Tony Blair promised to be tough on the causes of crime but two of the main drivers of crime are alcohol and drugs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.