Translation of drone in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (bee) 1.2 (parasite)Example sentences1.3 (drudge) (US)
- The Union Movement must submit to a purge, it must harshly discard the parasitical drones and rebuild the hive.
- It is possible that this structure could accomplish something, if these relatives, cronies, hangers on, drones and bludgers were of any consequence, or even if they were a little better than mediocre.
- It should have been a good line, but he sounded like a petulant drone with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (sound)(of bees) zumbido (masculine)Example sentences2.2 (monotonous speech, voice)
cantinela (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- My brother hummed turbine noises, but the drone of thunder muted him.
- The drone begins to sound similar to a vacuum cleaner sucking up all the surrounding life.
- Both drones and noise are essential elements in music.
- Zac talked in a monotonous drone about the hidden treasures of Egypt, the esoteric wisdom that Aristotle stole, or was it Plato, and then the Egyptians forgot everything.
- Viceroy's voice was still a monotonous drone, and I wanted to slap him just to see that he could still talk and/or yell with emotion.
- So when I reach my classroom, I listen to the monotonous drone of the teacher.
- 3 countable 3.1 (note, chord)Example sentences3.2 (of bagpipe)
- The former track is comprised almost entirely of bass-heavy drones and pulsating synth waves, slow echoes fading into the ether.
- The melodies are almost invariably composed with buzzing, pleasantly grating synthesizer drones.
- Hissing drones and cymbal crashes sweep away any memory of the former's dulcet overtones.
bordón (masculine)Example sentences
- The poem ‘Saxophone’ repeats the word money in almost every line, every phrase, until it becomes a drone string on a banjo, a bass note that's always there.
- Move interstate but always have it in the back of your mind to return one day, just to see if New Editions Bookshop is still there and to lay a drone pipe atop his grave.
- There are two components other than the bag which set the Bagpipes from other instruments, the reed chanter and the drone pipes.
- 1(bee/engine/plane)a small plane droned past
zumbaruna avioneta pasó zumbandoExample sentences
- His voice droned and buzzed in Sean's ears like a hovering bee, more so today than any other day.
- He had heard that Mileson was very hands-on but still couldn't believe his eyes during an early team talk as the sound of a vacuum cleaner droned in the background.
- The cicadas droned all the way home, joined by grasshoppers who sounded like gadgets of gears and springs.
- There are bumble bees buzzing and droning around my spring flowers.
- Heading for Utah Beach, Jack, aboard water barge LBW in the 34th Flotilla, heard the buzz of low flying Dakotas as they droned in from the sea towing their camouflaged gliders.
- 2(person)she droned (on) for hours about Latin verbs
hablar con monotoníasiguió horas con la cantinela or la perorata de los verbos latinos [colloquial]Example sentences
- Most people on the shuttle droned in monotonous tones about subjects so boring it should be a criminal offense to talk about, and the employees were ever cheerful in words, but in expression they belonged in the mental institution.
- The voice of the teacher droned on monotonously about some mathematical formula, but the normally attentive teenager had other things on his mind.
- Throughout the entire class I fought to keep myself awake as the teacher droned on in monotone.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.