Translation of drool in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [dog/baby] babear we drooled at the sight of the cakes se nos hizo agua la boca or (Spain/España) la boca agua al ver los pasteles saliva drooled from its mouth babeaba, se le caía la babaExample sentences1.2 (gloat)to drool
- When Cordelia puts some of the stuff in her mouth, she rolls it around in her mouth, looks terrified, and drools uncontrollably.
- She stirred and then opened her mouth and began to drool.
- All our mouths dropped, and began to drool, I know Jesse did.
oversth/sb he drools over you se le cae la baba por ti [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- And now that I've drooled over Danny's site, my eyes are wandering over to the cupboard where I keep a secret stash of notebooks, colouring pencils and of course a supply of purple pens.
- Another girl friend drooled over Steve McQueen.
- While the sales lady took 45 minutes to ring it up, I drooled over the jewelry and pointed out items for the kid to tell her father to get for me.
noun/nombreuncountable/no numerable (American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 1.1 (dribble) babas (feminine plural), baba (feminine) 1.2 (drivel) [slang/argot] bobadas (feminine plural) [colloquial/familiar], memeces (feminine plural) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas