Translation of drool in Spanish:
- 1.1(dog/baby)we drooled at the sight of the cakes
babearse nos hizo agua la boca or (Spain) la boca agua al ver los pastelessaliva drooled from its mouthbabeaba
se le caía la babaExample sentences1.2 (gloat)to drool
- When Cordelia puts some of the stuff in her mouth, she rolls it around in her mouth, looks terrified, and drools uncontrollably.
- She stirred and then opened her mouth and began to drool.
- All our mouths dropped, and began to drool, I know Jesse did.
oversomething/somebodyhe drools over youse le cae la baba por ti [colloquial]Example sentences
- And now that I've drooled over Danny's site, my eyes are wandering over to the cupboard where I keep a secret stash of notebooks, colouring pencils and of course a supply of purple pens.
- Another girl friend drooled over Steve McQueen.
- While the sales lady took 45 minutes to ring it up, I drooled over the jewelry and pointed out items for the kid to tell her father to get for me.
noununcountable (American English)
- 1.1 (dribble)babas (feminine plural)
baba (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (drivel) [slang]
bobadas (feminine plural) [colloquial]
- Bill was staring at Heather with a small puddle of drool just waiting to fall from the edge of his parted lips.
- I know sometimes I drop the act and my eyes glaze over and a droplet of drool trickles from the corner of my mouth.
- The hideous fangs that hung from his mouth were covered in drool, releasing a deadly, foul odour.
memeces (feminine plural) (Spain) [colloquial]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.