Translation of droop in Spanish:
- 1 (sag, hang down)(flowers)her head drooped onto my shoulder
ponerse mustiodejó caer su cabeza sobre mi hombrohis shoulders droopedse encorvóher eyelids began to droopse le empezaron a cerrar los ojosExample sentences
- It has tall, multi-coloured apartment towers that bend and droop, and people drop extended planks between buildings to visit each other.
- A cigarette drooped limply from the corner of his mouth.
- Above audience and performers alike, an inner ceiling droops downwards in sail-like sleeves that both help disperse sound and secrete necessary technical apparatus.
- His eyes burned with weariness and his eyelids drooped.
- Slowly my own eyelids began to droop with weariness.
- The phone conversation must have lasted seven or eight minutes tops, and by the time it was finished, Katie's head drooped with weariness.
- he drooped his shouldersse encorvóExample sentences
- I am reluctant, droop my head, claim to be tired/unwilling/sick of being a show pony.
- The tail is cocked when alighting and the bird droops wings when displaying.
- Neither horse looked tired even though they were both drooping their heads.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.