Translation of drop kick in Spanish:
- (in rugby) botepronto (masculine); (in wrestling) patada (feminine) voladoraExample sentences
- Storm clouds could pile in from the Antarctic, but it was still possible to bounce the ball and let fly with a drop kick.
- Jonny Wilkinson became an overnight household name after scoring the last-minute drop kick which won England the rugby World Cup last November on a rainy night in Sydney.
- It doesn't matter if it's all penalties or a drop kick from the halfway line in the last minute of the match which gives you victory, a win is a win.
- A drop kick caught her by surprise, and she was hurled backwards by its supernatural force.
- One theory is that this was inflicted by some kind of kung fu or karate drop kick.
- I followed that up with a drop kick to the chest, and a snap kick to the temple.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.