Translation of drop kick in Spanish:
- (in rugby) botepronto (masculine); (in wrestling) patada (feminine) voladoraExample sentences
- Storm clouds could pile in from the Antarctic, but it was still possible to bounce the ball and let fly with a drop kick.
- Jonny Wilkinson became an overnight household name after scoring the last-minute drop kick which won England the rugby World Cup last November on a rainy night in Sydney.
- It doesn't matter if it's all penalties or a drop kick from the halfway line in the last minute of the match which gives you victory, a win is a win.
- A drop kick caught her by surprise, and she was hurled backwards by its supernatural force.
- One theory is that this was inflicted by some kind of kung fu or karate drop kick.
- I followed that up with a drop kick to the chest, and a snap kick to the temple.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.