Translation of drug in Spanish:
- 1 (narcotic)estupefaciente (masculine) [formal]hard/soft drugsdrogas duras/blandasto be on drugsdrogarseI don't do drugs [slang]yo no me drogosuccess became a drug with herel éxito se convirtió en una droga para ellaa drug on the marketun artículo del cual el mercado ya está saturadodrug habit drug pusher or peddler [colloquial]camello (masculine or feminine) [slang]drug traffictráfico (masculine) de drogasdrug trafficker drug trafficking
narcotráfico (masculine)tráfico (masculine) de drogasExample sentences
- The use of illegal drugs like marijuana, cocaine and heroin has increased exponentially, most dramatically among the young.
- It is grown to produce the narcotic drugs hashish and marijuana, made primarily from its female flowers.
- Crack cocaine is a potent hard crystalline form of cocaine, the addictive drug derived from the coca plant and used as a stimulant.
- 2 (medication)fármaco (masculine) [formal]she is on or takes drugs for her heartestá tomando or toma medicamentos para el corazónthey took him off that drug and put him on another onele dejaron de dar ese medicamento y le empezaron a dar otroExample sentences
- The retailing of antibiotics, anti-virus drugs and herbal medicines capable of reducing heat skyrocketed.
- Lower doses of the drug result in analgesic effects, while increasing doses will produce amnesic effects.
- Antidepressant and sedative drugs gave troublesome side effects and only temporary relief.
transitive verb present participle drugging past tense, past participle drugged
- Would this be the same doctor that keeps drugging me?
- She was obviously drugged still from the poison.
- Perhaps the best acting (or overacting as the case may be) came from Henry Silva, who played a truly evil villain, one who enjoys his torture and drugging people.
- 2also: drugged past participleshe was kept drugged to relieve the painla mantenían drogada para aliviarle el dolora drugged sleepun sueño pesado
- 3 (add drugs to)(food/wine)
adulterar con drogasExample sentences
- He is accused of killing more than 20 young Western backpackers across Asia, usually by drugging their food or drink, in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Stephanie drugs Ellie's drink and leaves her vulnerable with a group of men
- Repeatedly drugging his food and disregarding any positive assertion from his new ‘neighbour,’ Shawn meets his demise when his gun prevents Victor even from committing suicide.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.