Translation of drum major in Spanish:
- 1.1 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Music/Música] jefe (masculine) de la bandaExample sentences1.2 (British English/inglés británico) [Military/Militar] tambor (masculine) mayor
- She's a genius, a man-hater and the head drum major for our state wide championship marching band.
- I served the organization as a section leader, drill assistant and ultimately as a drum major.
- However, the true highlight of the evening was when our drum major Sean asked our band director if he could conduct our field show when we were to play it in the stands at halftime.
- It seems she should still be out there in front of the band leading us onto the field as our drum major, not arranging a burial service for her son.
- Now that our drum major has decided to arrive, we can go out to the field.
- The drum major, in his tall black fur hat, face-to-face with Reagan, smartly saluted his departing commander in chief.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.