- 1.1 (AmE) [Mus] jefe (m) de la bandaMore example sentences1.2 (BrE) [Mil] tambor (m) mayor
More example sentences
- She's a genius, a man-hater and the head drum major for our state wide championship marching band.
- I served the organization as a section leader, drill assistant and ultimately as a drum major.
- However, the true highlight of the evening was when our drum major Sean asked our band director if he could conduct our field show when we were to play it in the stands at halftime.
- It seems she should still be out there in front of the band leading us onto the field as our drum major, not arranging a burial service for her son.
- Now that our drum major has decided to arrive, we can go out to the field.
- The drum major, in his tall black fur hat, face-to-face with Reagan, smartly saluted his departing commander in chief.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The RAE (Real Academia de la Lengua Española) is a body established in the eighteenth century to record and preserve the Spanish language. It is made up of académicos, who are normally well-known literary figures and/or academic experts on the Spanish language. The RAE publishes the Diccionario de la Real Academia Española, which is regarded as an authority on correct Spanish. Affiliated academies exist in Latin American countries.