- 1 (for ventilation, wiring, liquid, gas) conducto (masculine)More example sentences
- The foot-deep wall also holds a mirrored medicine cabinet and conceals a maze of plumbing, air ducts, and ventilation equipment.
- Gas had built up and seeped through pipes, drains and cable ducts into the bungalows.
- The doctor conceded that during his 16 years of occupancy, the air ducts of the building have not been cleaned.
- 2 [Anatomy/Anatomía] conducto (masculine)More example sentences
- It is filled with nerves, blood vessels and lymph ducts which run through it and connect it to your body, making it part of you.
- The stroma consists of fatty tissue and ligaments surrounding the ducts and lobules, blood vessels and lymphatic vessels.
- Using this procedure, physicians can view these organs and inject dye into the bile and pancreatic ducts to make them visible by x-ray.
- 3 [Botany/Botánica] tubo (masculine)More example sentences
- Insects cut veins in plants with arborescent resin canals or in plants with laticiferous ducts that do not reticulate.
- To illustrate this point it was found that in stems and petioles of several species of the Umbelliferae, such as celery, the antiserum only labelled a layer of cells that line a system of ducts which ramify throughout the plant body.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a privately owned school that receives no government funds is called a colegio privado. Parents pay monthly fees. Colegios privados cover all stages of primary and secondary education.