Translation of duct in Spanish:
- 1 (for ventilation, wiring, liquid, gas)Example sentences
- The foot-deep wall also holds a mirrored medicine cabinet and conceals a maze of plumbing, air ducts, and ventilation equipment.
- Gas had built up and seeped through pipes, drains and cable ducts into the bungalows.
- The doctor conceded that during his 16 years of occupancy, the air ducts of the building have not been cleaned.
- 2 (Anatomy)Example sentences
- It is filled with nerves, blood vessels and lymph ducts which run through it and connect it to your body, making it part of you.
- The stroma consists of fatty tissue and ligaments surrounding the ducts and lobules, blood vessels and lymphatic vessels.
- Using this procedure, physicians can view these organs and inject dye into the bile and pancreatic ducts to make them visible by x-ray.
- 3 (Botany)Example sentences
- Insects cut veins in plants with arborescent resin canals or in plants with laticiferous ducts that do not reticulate.
- To illustrate this point it was found that in stems and petioles of several species of the Umbelliferae, such as celery, the antiserum only labelled a layer of cells that line a system of ducts which ramify throughout the plant body.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.