Translation of dude in Spanish:
noun/nombre(American English/inglés norteamericano)
- 1.1 (dandy) [colloquial/familiar] [dated/anticuado] petimetre (masculine) [anticuado] 1.2 (any male) [slang/argot] tipo (masculine) [colloquial/familiar], tío (masculine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Hey dude, hold on, Pontius has something to say about April Fool's.
- Hey dude, thought you said you wanted to talk about the future?
- Hey dude, why'd you take your mouth off the exhaust pipe?
- The Clutch dudes are totally cool and we're having a blast.
- Then, I turned to the cool dudes on the right to see how they were reacting, and nearly fell off my berth - it was them.
- Everybody knows the coolest dudes in the world have no money.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is the Día de los Santos Inocentes, a religious festival celebrated in the Spanish-speaking world to commemorate the New Testament story of the massacre of the "Innocents", by playing practical jokes, or inocentadas, on one another. The classic inocentada is to hang paper dolls on someone's back without their knowing. Spoof news stories also appear in newspapers and the media.