Translation of due in Spanish:
- 1 (predicative) 1.1 (payable) the rent is now duehay que pagar el alquilerthe payment becomes o falls due on the 5thhay que hacer efectivo el pago el día 5Example sentences1.2 (owed) he is due a pay increase
le corresponde un aumento de sueldodue
- New technology installed in more than 100,000 vehicles offers drivers a friendly reminder when the car payments are due.
- Please note final payment is due before Thursday, August 15.
- Please note the balance of payments are now due.
tosomebody/somethingthe respect due to one's eldersel respeto que se les debe a los mayoresthe money due to themel dinero que se les debe or [formal] se les adeudait's all due to youtodo gracias a tiit was due to a technical problem
te lo debemos todo a tise debió a un problema técnico1.3due to (as preposition) [criticized usage] all flights were canceled due to bad weatherse cancelaron todos los vuelos debido al mal tiemposhe was absent due to illnessfaltó por enfermedad1.4 (scheduled) when is the next train/flight due?¿cuándo llega el próximo tren/vuelo?the plane/train is due (in) at any momentel avión/tren ya está por llegarwhen is the baby due?¿para cuándo espera or tiene fecha?the movie/book is due out in August
¿cuándo sale de cuentas? (Spain)la película/el libro saldrá en agostoshe's due back tomorrowvuelve mañanashe is due for promotion
su regreso está previsto para mañanale corresponde un ascensothe meeting is due to take place at fourla reunión está prevista para las cuatroExample sentences
- The figures for last year, due soon, are expected to show a further increase.
- Also next year the European elections are due with both polls expected to go ahead on the same day, June 10.
- She had reportedly told her husband Kevin that she was expecting a child, due December 12.
- 2 (before noun) 2.1 (proper)(consideration/regard)without due cause
debidosin causa justificadaaccording to due process of lawen conformidad con el debido procesowith all due respectcon el debido respetoin due course
con todo el respeto que se mereceen su debido momento2.2 (deserved)
a su debido tiempo(reward)all due credit to her
merecidohay que reconocer su méritoExample sentences
- Workers cannot secure the liability of wages or holiday pay earned, or, indeed, of redundancy compensation that is due and payable.
- When the company went under, Beggs told the receiver that €3.7 million was due in outstanding debts.
- He has prevaricated over the payment of sums acknowledged to be due, though the sum currently due and payable by way of costs is not alleged to be large.
- ‘The important thing is that the submissions from both bidders are given proper and due consideration,’ he told the House.
- Our message to dog owners is that they must take due and proper care of their pets and of Manchester's environment.
- Any business that treats its customers without due care and consideration is not fulfilling its most important role.
- the fort is due west of the townel fuerte está justo or exactamente al oeste del pueblowe headed due northnos dirigimos derecho hacia el norteExample sentences
- A few more yards due south of that, hard by the western approach to the Limehouse Link, there's a little park, perhaps an ex-churchyard to go with the ex-rectory.
- Its destination was Christmas Island, an Australian territorial outpost, about 300 nautical miles due south of Sumatra.
- Then the car turns around and travels 40 meters due south in 5.0 seconds.
- 1give him his due: he is efficienttienes que reconocer que es eficienteExample sentences
- Some say the public gets its due with the program itself.
- Rathbone argued that motherhood was socially valuable and thus compensable, entitled to the respect due such an important profession.
- Sledge gives the common soldier his just due in eloquent prose that explores the emotions and trauma associated with a brutal war and its consequences.
- 2also: dues plural2.1 (subscription) I've paid my dues to the companyyo a la compañía no le debo nada2.2 (Nautical)port/anchorage duesExample sentences
- These included the payment of salary arrears, the payment of dues of retired employees and outstanding promotions.
- It was conceded that membership required no payment of dues nor any other participation in the affairs of the organization.
- It is time once again for the payment of dues for the Annual Silver Circle draw.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.