Translation of due in Spanish:
- 1 (predicative/predicativo) 1.1 (payable) the rent is now due hay que pagar el alquiler the payment becomes o falls due on the 5th hay que hacer efectivo el pago el día 5Example sentences1.2 (owed) he is due a pay increase le corresponde un aumento de sueldodue
- New technology installed in more than 100,000 vehicles offers drivers a friendly reminder when the car payments are due.
- Please note final payment is due before Thursday, August 15.
- Please note the balance of payments are now due.
tosb/sth the respect due to one's elders el respeto que se les debe a los mayores the money due to them el dinero que se les debe or [formal] se les adeuda it's all due to you todo gracias a ti, te lo debemos todo a ti it was due to a technical problem se debió a un problema técnico 1.3due to (as preposition/como preposición) [criticized usage/uso criticado] debido a all flights were canceled due to bad weather se cancelaron todos los vuelos debido al mal tiempo she was absent due to illness faltó por enfermedad 1.4 (scheduled) when is the next train/flight due? ¿cuándo llega el próximo tren/vuelo? the plane/train is due (in) at any moment el avión/tren ya está por llegar when is the baby due? ¿para cuándo espera or tiene fecha?, ¿cuándo sale de cuentas? (Spain/España) the movie/book is due out in August la película/el libro saldrá en agosto she's due back tomorrow vuelve mañana, su regreso está previsto para mañana she is due for promotion le corresponde un ascenso the meeting is due to take place at four la reunión está prevista para las cuatroExample sentences
- The figures for last year, due soon, are expected to show a further increase.
- Also next year the European elections are due with both polls expected to go ahead on the same day, June 10.
- She had reportedly told her husband Kevin that she was expecting a child, due December 12.
- 2 (before noun/delante del nombre) 2.1 (proper) [consideration/regard] debido without due cause sin causa justificada according to due process of law en conformidad con el debido proceso with all due respect con el debido respeto, con todo el respeto que se merece in due course en su debido momento, a su debido tiempo 2.2 (deserved) [reward] merecido all due credit to her hay que reconocer su méritoExample sentences
- Workers cannot secure the liability of wages or holiday pay earned, or, indeed, of redundancy compensation that is due and payable.
- When the company went under, Beggs told the receiver that €3.7 million was due in outstanding debts.
- He has prevaricated over the payment of sums acknowledged to be due, though the sum currently due and payable by way of costs is not alleged to be large.
- ‘The important thing is that the submissions from both bidders are given proper and due consideration,’ he told the House.
- Our message to dog owners is that they must take due and proper care of their pets and of Manchester's environment.
- Any business that treats its customers without due care and consideration is not fulfilling its most important role.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to