Translation of due in Spanish:
- 1 (predicative) 1.1 (payable) See examples: the rent is now duethe payment becomes o falls due on the 5thhay que pagar el alquilerhay que hacer efectivo el pago el día 5Example sentences1.2 (owed) See examples: he is due a pay increase
duele corresponde un aumento de sueldo
- New technology installed in more than 100,000 vehicles offers drivers a friendly reminder when the car payments are due.
- Please note final payment is due before Thursday, August 15.
- Please note the balance of payments are now due.
tosomebody/somethingthe respect due to one's eldersthe money due to themel respeto que se les debe a los mayoresit's all due to youel dinero que se les debe or [formal] se les adeudait was due to a technical problemtodo gracias a tite lo debemos todo a ti1.3due to (as preposition) [criticized usage] all flights were canceled due to bad weatherse debió a un problema técnicoshe was absent due to illnessse cancelaron todos los vuelos debido al mal tiempo1.4 (scheduled) See examples: when is the next train/flight due?faltó por enfermedadthe plane/train is due (in) at any moment¿cuándo llega el próximo tren/vuelo?when is the baby due?el avión/tren ya está por llegarthe movie/book is due out in August¿para cuándo espera or tiene fecha?¿cuándo sale de cuentas? (Spain)she's due back tomorrowla película/el libro saldrá en agostoshe is due for promotionvuelve mañanasu regreso está previsto para mañanathe meeting is due to take place at fourle corresponde un ascensola reunión está prevista para las cuatroExample sentences
- The figures for last year, due soon, are expected to show a further increase.
- Also next year the European elections are due with both polls expected to go ahead on the same day, June 10.
- She had reportedly told her husband Kevin that she was expecting a child, due December 12.
- 2 (before noun) 2.1 (proper)(consideration/regard)without due causeaccording to due process of lawsin causa justificadawith all due respecten conformidad con el debido procesoin due coursecon el debido respetocon todo el respeto que se merece2.2 (deserved)en su debido momentoa su debido tiempo(reward)all due credit to herhay que reconocer su méritoExample sentences
- Workers cannot secure the liability of wages or holiday pay earned, or, indeed, of redundancy compensation that is due and payable.
- When the company went under, Beggs told the receiver that €3.7 million was due in outstanding debts.
- He has prevaricated over the payment of sums acknowledged to be due, though the sum currently due and payable by way of costs is not alleged to be large.
- ‘The important thing is that the submissions from both bidders are given proper and due consideration,’ he told the House.
- Our message to dog owners is that they must take due and proper care of their pets and of Manchester's environment.
- Any business that treats its customers without due care and consideration is not fulfilling its most important role.
- the fort is due west of the townwe headed due northel fuerte está justo or exactamente al oeste del pueblonos dirigimos derecho hacia el norteExample sentences
- A few more yards due south of that, hard by the western approach to the Limehouse Link, there's a little park, perhaps an ex-churchyard to go with the ex-rectory.
- Its destination was Christmas Island, an Australian territorial outpost, about 300 nautical miles due south of Sumatra.
- Then the car turns around and travels 40 meters due south in 5.0 seconds.
- 1give him his due: he is efficienttienes que reconocer que es eficienteExample sentences
- Some say the public gets its due with the program itself.
- Rathbone argued that motherhood was socially valuable and thus compensable, entitled to the respect due such an important profession.
- Sledge gives the common soldier his just due in eloquent prose that explores the emotions and trauma associated with a brutal war and its consequences.
- 2also: dues plural2.1 (subscription) I've paid my dues to the company2.2 (Nautical)port/anchorage duesyo a la compañía no le debo nadaExample sentences
- These included the payment of salary arrears, the payment of dues of retired employees and outstanding promotions.
- It was conceded that membership required no payment of dues nor any other participation in the affairs of the organization.
- It is time once again for the payment of dues for the Annual Silver Circle draw.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.