Translation of dumb in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (temporarily silent) to remain dumbpermanecer en silencio or calladoto be struck dumbquedarse mudo or sin habla1.2 (unable to speak) [dated or offensive] she's deaf and dumb
enmudeceres sordomudaExample sentences
- Any blind or dumb person knows how unsafe it is in this land known as paradise.
- When the devil had come out, the dumb man began to speak.
- Then we have a black girl who's built like the rest, and she's dumb, she can't speak, she uses sign language.
- Sara felt herself pitying the poor, dumb creature.
- The bovine reference seems apt since I keep standing like a dumb beast on the wrong side of escalators, and walking down footpaths on the wrong side so that people have to go round me.
- Another dumb creature has also been in the limelight.
- 2 (stupid) how dumb can you get?!¿cómo puedes ser tan tonto or [colloquial] bobo?that was a dumb thing to do/say¡qué tontería haber hecho/dicho eso!I can't get the dumb thing to workno logro hacer que funcione esta porquería [colloquial]to act dumbhacerse el tonto or [colloquial] el boboshe played the dumb blondehacía el papel de la típica rubia tontaExample sentences
- I couldn't tell if he was being stupid, dumb, or idiotic.
- ‘You're so slow and stupid and dumb,’ she grumbled, opening it and taking out a pencil.
- Throughout the years, I've had personal contact with some folks that were heavy dope smokers and I always thought they were just extra dumb or extra stupid.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.