Translation of dump in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (place for waste)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (heap of waste)
- Putting a halting site beside a dump was unfair in the first place.
- Most of the taxis outside the entrance doors look as if they were salvaged from a rubbish dump, and the Air-Conditioning is usually long gone.
- Some harbour board members fear that it will be in the area of the Deep Water Quay, coming through the site of the old dump.
to take a dump (American English) [vulgar]montón (masculine) de basurahacer caca [colloquial]Example sentences
- Is it likely that Australia's going to need a high level waste dump as well?
- Let me tell you, there's a reason that the mutant monsters in horror films generally come from one of two places, a nuclear waste dump or a sewer.
- Some MPs also support a nuclear waste dump in the State.
- The sons bring in some additional income, by looking for scrap metal on rubbish tips and scrap heaps or by digging coal from waste dumps and spoil heaps.
- 3 (Computing)dump (masculine)vuelco (masculine) or volcado (masculine) de memoriaExample sentences
- Attempts to track keystrokes and transfer graphics buffer memory contents are bypassed, he said, and it will be a lot more difficult to find critical data from main memory dumps.
- Sure, they don't do physical memory dumps (and as such don't allow you do undo things that were only performed in memory in the first place), but that's what Hibernate is for.
- The idea is that eventually we'll max out the AI's storage space, forcing it to do a memory dump.
- It is worth noting that IMAP is a text-based protocol, so a simple ASCII dump of the packet contents is an appropriate way to show them.
- Trouble is, the raw dump consists entirely of memory addresses.
- Instead of file system dumps, this data set contained specific file system information such as changed files, inode information, and important log files.
- 4 (unpleasant place) [colloquial]lugar (masculine) de mala muerteExample sentences
- Ricky was the manager, or boss, of this dump of a convenient store.
- Someday, she'd own her own store but until then she was stuck working in this dump.
- I refrain from saying anything but I'm surprised anyone could be protective of this dump.
- They stage stunts in which, in but one example, they take a dump in a toilet on display in a hardware store.
- I sure don't want to lug my computer into the bathroom while I take a dump and read…
- Or is that just for us regular folk who don't drink champagne for breakfast and take dumps on solid gold toilets?
- 1 1.1 (get rid of) 1.2 (Business)to dump goods/products1.3 (boyfriend/girlfriend) [colloquial]inundar el mercado con mercancías/productos a bajo precioExample sentences
- They are being used by many, but a lot more recyclable materials are being dumped or disposed of because of a lack of effort.
- It is illegal to dump any waste material at sea and all vessels will have to log and land their waste on returning from sea.
- Every time someone dumps their rubbish or unwanted furniture here, we have to sort it out.
- 2 2.1 (set on ground) he dumped the bags (down) beside the car2.2 (leave) [colloquial] the taxi dumped us (off) at the airportplantó las maletas junto al coche [colloquial]where can I dump my things?el taxi nos dejó en el aeropuerto¿dónde puedo dejar or poner mis cosas?Example sentences
Example sentences2.3 (Computing)
- ‘Make yourselves comfortable,’ said Raphael as he dumped his bag carelessly on the sofa.
- She carelessly dumped her books and pens on the table and, aggravated, slumped into the expensive chair.
- She walked over in a rush to her table, and dumped her bag heavily on the floor next to her.
- When her boyfriend dumps her, you are secretly delighted.
- If my boyfriend dumps me, I'm only picking up a block of tofu if I can throw it at his head.
- He'd been really lax since his girlfriend dumped him.
- After a set amount of time, if power is not yet restored, the system will dump data from the cache to the attached RAID systems.
- It will do this automatically, and its data will be dumped onto a public website where anyone can access it.
- Now's your chance to dump some of those really large cached files.
- The last parameters mean the filesystem should not be dumped and checked in the second order.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than